Fayette county gets. $720K grant for radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Fayette radios

Read in todays fayette tribune where they were awarded this maybe we will see talkgroups before long.

I agree with you, Bert. The only question is can those two Fayette Sites provide complete county coverage on P25? Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Fayette currently uses like five tower sites now for coverage on UHF.

Chad

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I don't think they would have too much of a problem going WVIRP,since Fayette County isn't really that huge and I suspect most of the traffic would be plateau anyway.

wvscanner

Database Admin
I doubt it, I can remember I faintly picked up 2 of the tower there from the Crossroads Mall, but it was so weak it took me several min. to lock on the ssid of the tower. I figure Ansted would cover the West side of the county, while Braxton would do the East. Pax would do most of the west and south. The only place I wonder would be down on the river to Thurmond. Just think, you can take Princeton FD, Bluefield Fire, Police, and EMS and sit them in Mt. Hope and talk back on their home channel to base.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Maybe I could try to see If I can pick up the Braxton towers from my house,give me something to do lol Is there any traffic with it?

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
I believe most of the Mercer Co./Bluefield traffic is carried on the McCommas site. When I'm in Beckley I can't hear the Bluefield Site but I seem to hear everything else. lol Currently I don't believe there is anything on any of the Braxton Sites but I could be wrong. You guys have me scratching my head now just to picture how Fayette is going to get complete countywide coverage by using the WVIRP! lol

Chad

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If they do get it going,it's going to be interesting to see who will be using it and who won't(if they actually decide to go that route)

wvscanner

Database Admin
Not all the time but most of the time I do hear Bluefield PD. However I do hear Princeton FD all the time on their talkgroup, and also the Mercer County wide fire on Ghent all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.