Fayette County SO Monitoring? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyams

I'm in Germantown and a scanner veteran, however, I have been away from the hobby for a few years. Formerly monitored Fayette County SO and all the towns. Now it seems that I can only pick up Piperton and that's all. I'm not getting anything from Sommerville, the Sheriff's office, Rossville, Oakland, and other stuff. I downloaded the freqs right off RadioReference into my scanner. Again, I'm not new at this, but wondering why I can't get any signals? I'm using an outdoor antenna and grabbing stuff out of eastern Arkansas, and Northern Miss, so I know my antenna isn't the problem. Thanks for assistance. Of course, I'm referring to conventional freqs and systems. From all my research the FCSO is not digital or analog trunked yet? Again, thanks.

jfhtm350

jyams

Removed all tones and using Search with no luck but will keep trying. Is anyone hearing Fayette County or Sommerville transmissions? Again, the only transmissions on that system I am getting are Piperton. All others are silent. I'm missing something in my settings but can't figure it out.

Last edited:

RadioCopFFFR

What are the car numbers you hear? 120 is the Sheriff,The 2400 cars are SO,Delta Cars are the detectives for the SO. 700 cars are Piperton, 500 Oakland,300 Somerville,800 Gallaway,900 Moscow,1100 Rossville. You can also hear them on the Piperton repeater on 453.100 DPL 125. This channel is also used by West Memphis PD. They are running Mototrbo digital so you may here some of the digital traffic interference on the frequency.

jyams

Yes, getting most of those now with a Uniden Home Patrol after tweaking some things. Now receiving everything that's out there with an outdoor SN3 antenna. Also using an FM notch filter. Getting all conventional systems in West Tenn, Eastern Ark, and North MIss. Everything working as it should. Friday nights are really something to monitor!! It's like the whole world goes crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.