Fayette County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I had a meeting today in Peachtree City and was looking forward to a rare opportunity to monitor the Fayette County TRS. I was careful to ensure I had the rebanded control channels in my scanner. I have a 396XT in my glove box routed to a RH-96 remote head with a Maxrad 3db gain 700/800 MHz antenna on the roof. From the time I left I-85, went to Peachtree City and returned to I-85, I doubt that my scanner locked on the active control channel for more than 3-4 seconds at a time.

What am I missing? I have the latest 396XT firmware (thx to b7spectra). I had programmed the same four control channels shown in RR.

WHAZZUP???

Metrofire31
WQIT636
Smyrna/Atlanta

GA184

It sounds like the firmware version needs to be 2.10. If all else fails, take a separate bank, program Fayett County frequencies into the scanner, conventional. This should allow you to atleast just hear the radio traffic, It will not trunk it though.

N8IAA

It sounds like the firmware version needs to be 2.10. If all else fails, take a separate bank, program Fayett County frequencies into the scanner, conventional. This should allow you to atleast just hear the radio traffic, It will not trunk it though.

It's an analog trunking system. The new firmware for the 396XT is a manual fix for P-25 systems. Mike, the 396 should have worked without the firmware update. Make sure that you program in all the frequencies just to see if it will trunk.
Larry

bonus1331

Strange since the data in the database is up to date.
I find the signal strength for this TRS to be strong as compared to alot of other systems in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.