Fayette County TRS

e92dream

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if anyone monitors Fayette County public safety? I have been having a lot of noise/static in the last couple of months. Has happened on 2 different SDS100s and on a Home Patrol 2. I usually monitor the Sheriff/Tyrone talkgroup but observed same issue on PTC, Fayetteville, and Fire. I will be receiving transmissions fine but then one will come in on a certain freq and be nearly unreadable then the next is fine. Doesnt seem to be as bad on the HP2 but seems like its getting worse when it happens. Actually only reason I brought the HP2 back out was because if this issue. Also does anyone have any info on how the Public Safety radio upgrade is going?

ThreatLevelMidnight

Premium Subscriber
My work does business with RadioOne in Norcross and last time I was at their shop (3-4 weeks ago) they were right in the middle of the deployment of Fayette’s new JVC/Kenwood P25 phase II system. I would say it’s possible they’ve begun to switch over and possibly take sites down. Haven’t seen any other info on it, although I was told that they are going to be utilizing AES encryption

e92dream

Premium Subscriber
My work does business with RadioOne in Norcross and last time I was at their shop (3-4 weeks ago) they were right in the middle of the deployment of Fayette’s new JVC/Kenwood P25 phase II system. I would say it’s possible they’ve begun to switch over and possibly take sites down. Haven’t seen any other info on it, although I was told that they are going to be utilizing AES encryption
Copy. It's just one frequency I am noticing it is on which is 853.750. Encryption makes me sad.

ctiller

Premium Subscriber

the last news article i saw on it said no encryption, but that was like 2 years ago. the system now is very terrible to listen to.

e92dream

Premium Subscriber
the last news article i saw on it said no encryption, but that was like 2 years ago. the system now is very terrible to listen to.
Yeah. I literally can't listen to it on my SDSs. They get stuck on the static transmissions and it sounds awful. So I know have to carry around the HP2 if I am going to be monitoring Fayette.

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
Yeah. I literally can't listen to it on my SDSs. They get stuck on the static transmissions and it sounds awful. So I know have to carry around the HP2 if I am going to be monitoring Fayette.

it's horrible on my 536HP also

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
I think it has more to do with the Facebook re-tweeters who feel the need to re-tweet EVERYTHING in real time including caller names, patient data (on EMS runs), etc than "hiding" everything.

Scanner enthusiasts aren't the problem, never have been, never will be.

The problem is the rest of the general public who can't refrain from telling the world every time they flatulate.

ThreatLevelMidnight

Premium Subscriber
I think it has more to do with the Facebook re-tweeters who feel the need to re-tweet EVERYTHING in real time including caller names, patient data (on EMS runs), etc than "hiding" everything.

Scanner enthusiasts aren't the problem, never have been, never will be.

The problem is the rest of the general public who can't refrain from telling the world every time they flatulate.
This is the correct answer

ctiller

Premium Subscriber
FWIW the old system sounds back to normal now..no more static

e92dream

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the rapture is starting... Fayette Fire Station 1 just told to move radios to new system. 😥

e92dream

Premium Subscriber
County/Tyrone and Fayetteville PDs still transmitting on old system for now.

e92dream

Premium Subscriber
Yeah. Fayette Sheriff is the only thing left on old system. Even Tyrone is gone.