Fayetteville Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
Does it mean anything now that Fayetteville has be redone as a simulcast system with new voice frequencies added.

trumpetman

Database Admin
Nothing has changed with the actual system, the database was just updated with accurate information.

Only thing I would verify with your scanner is that Unidens have all four control channel capable freqs entered and GRE/Whistler scanners have all 10 voice channels input to properly follow the system.

GMB951

Premium Subscriber
yep, i knew they used the WFNC tower located in the city for their system, but they also added the viper towers in at Slocomb, and TWC,thanks

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber

Chris0516

If not simulcast before, listeners may likely have a hard time bringing this system in if not using a Uniden SDS100 or SDS200...
Will that page be any help? Since I have the UBCD325p2. It says this:

"P25 Threshold option can be changed after monitoring the Site with Auto to see the best setting for that System to be decoded on

So, if decode is best at 6 in Auto, switch the P25 Decode Threshold for that system to Manual and 6. While 6 isn't a panacea, it's at least a beginning numeric to try starting with, typically up-to 9 in Manual mode will make the biggest difference. Not all scanners allow this ability System/Site specific/individually."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.