Fayetteville UHF TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
OK, for accuracy, has this system ever been active? Same query for the Washington County LTR Passport. And the UA LTR?

Last edited by a moderator:

k5kvn

I hope someone has the answers to this, because all three of these systems have had me baffled for a long time.

It seems to me that the Fayetteville UHF TRS merged with the Washington County LTR a while back. I hear Washington Co. SO traffic exclusively on these freqs. I put them into one scan bank a long time ago.

As for the UA LTR, it's active but appears to be used only for parking, maintenance and physical plant personnel (not police). I've been looking for Univ of Ark Police Dept. for a long time. Anyone where UAPD is now?

Do LTR systems have a "control channel" that I could monitor to get you more info?

INDY72

UAPD is on AWIN. As for the LTR's... Does UT or T88 or the like show SysID's for LTR? If so, it would show identical SysID's for both systems if they merged. Also, I would love correct LCN's,... And once confirmed if they merged... Every TG ID possible etc...

k5kvn

I would have to do a discriminator tap to get data for LTR Passport system, right? I don't have a tap.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
UAPD is on AWIN.

milf,

I don't see UA Police (Fayetteville) listed in the AWIN database? I see UALR, UAMS, UAPB, and UAFS but not U of A Fayetteville Police. Am I overlooking it? Or do we not have that data yet?

INDY72

I might be mistaken, but was told UAPD is all on AWIN.

With regular LTR, you can log the traffic and TG's,.. and correct LCN's using almost any of the LTR capable scanners. For Passport, yeah you have to have either a tapped scanner, or use the ports on the newer ones to use softwares listed here: Trunked Radio Decoders - The RadioReference Wiki

k5kvn

I've been monitoring the Fayetteville and Springdale AWIN sites with Pro96Com and haven't seen any UAPD talkgroups or unknown talkgroups show up. I even monitored during a Razorbacks basketball game yesterday, expecting there would be activity for sure during that time. So, I'm still not sure if UAPD is on AWIN...

Now, for the Fayetteville UHF system (Fayetteville Public Safety (UHF) Trunking System, Fayetteville, Arkansas - Scanner Frequencies) . I'm convinced this has been absorbed into the Washington County Dept of Emergency Management system (Washington County Dept. of Emergency Management Trunking System, Fayetteville, Arkansas - Scanner Frequencies). Three frequencies from the Fayetteville UHF System are carrying county traffic.

Digging into the FCC data, I see this: WQNG650 (WASHINGTON COUNTY DEPT OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT) FCC Callsign Details

In that license, there are three of the five freqs currently listed for the Fayetteville UHF System.

I think this is a LTR Passport system. I hear the quick bursts on each frequency every couple of seconds. And I can't get Universal Trunker to get anything from it.

So, to recap, maybe the Fayetteville UHF System needs to be deleted. Three of those frequencies can be moved to the Washington County Emergency Dept of Management system:

These three freqs are located on a tower in Elm Springs.

INDY72

OK will depecate it and list it as merged.. TY for the info! I will dig into the UA system FCC data and see what I can find...

INDY72

453.45000 KNAX739 RM 110.9 PL UA PD EVNTS Police Special Events FMN Law Tac
453.45000 KNAX739 M 167.9 PL UA PD EVNTS2 Police Special Events 2 FMN Law Talk
460.37500 WNZJ544 RM 167.9 PL UA PD DISP Police Dispatch FMN Law Dispatch
460.37500 WNZJ544 M 110.9 PL UA PD 4 Police FMN Law Tac
460.25000 WNZJ544 M 110.9 PL UA PD 5 Police FMN Law Tac
460.25000 WNZJ544 BM 167.9 PL UA PD 6 Police FMN Law Tac

Have you heard ANY traffic on these at all??? Try using TONE SEARCH since the freqs have been narrowbanded.. They may be using new tones!

k5kvn

I do hear traffic on these. It's campus parking enforcement, Razorback Transit (the campus/city public bus system), physical plant and maintenance traffic. No UAPD on these. I'm not seeing any tones on any of the transmissions. It behaves like a LTR Passport system, pausing on each frequency for a second or so. (I have a Pro-197 so can't track the system.)

Status
Not open for further replies.