Fayettville SMR system

Status
Not open for further replies.

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
I noticed this system in the database and notice sites for Raleigh as well. I've had several of these sites programmed in & never heard any activity? Is this a "future use" system or am I doing something wrong? I'm using a Pro 2096 with an 800 cushcraft beam 46 feet up with LMR 400 cable. Thanks in advance--Oh, I'm located in Raleigh north of I-440

Charles

Last edited:

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
A few months back, Robbyboy put out a call for RRers to help with this system. He suspects, as well do I, that Nextel may have bought out most, if not all, sites for this system. Robby was leaning toward removing it from the database. If you ever travel near any of the other sites, you may want to plug in the freqs & give a listen to see if they're active.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Over the next few weeks I am going to put this question to rest once and for all....either it will be updated with accurate info or the system will be deleted from the database...will let yall know before I erase anything though....
Marshall KE4ZNR

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone found out anything further with this system. I see it wasn't erased from the DB.

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
It's apparently dead, I've had it plugged in for 6 months with not even a peep. Not even heard anything when travelling down through Sanford/Southern Pines...

Status
Not open for further replies.