FBI Central IL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I wanted to know if anybody can confirm the freqs for the FBI that are listed in the database have been confirmed in use or not. I tried them and didnt hear anything. So I programmed the onces in Chicago and still didnt hear anything. Yes I seached through the Federal freqs already and never heard a thing.

Thank you

ecps92

You need to remember, that Federal Monitoring is NOT like listening to your local PD/FD/EMS where something occurs everyday.

I know of Freqs that are out there (in my Region) but might get used once or twice a month
it's the elusive searching, just keep at it.

Hi I wanted to know if anybody can confirm the freqs for the FBI that are listed in the database have been confirmed in use or not. I tried them and didnt hear anything. So I programmed the onces in Chicago and still didnt hear anything. Yes I seached through the Federal freqs already and never heard a thing.

Thank you

You need to remember, that Federal Monitoring is NOT like listening to your local PD/FD/EMS where something occurs everyday.

I know of Freqs that are out there (in my Region) but might get used once or twice a month
it's the elusive searching, just keep at it.

I know searching is getting frustrating when nothing of voices go's off. When I do that all I get is data.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
not data its encrypted and P25. What you might hear that isn't Encrypted will be P25. FBI and the USSS have strict protocols for encryption of radio traffic.

ecps92

118.8 could likely be just the 2nd Harmonic of 60 Hz, I get these regularly on my Base/Portables when plugged into the power cord.

Wondering if the 166.9250 was a birdie/image or some other device causing RF to simulate an open carrier.

don't give up, they are out there

Like one time I got 166.925 with a 118.8 PL. It sat there like someone had an open mic. It was just data. I had a couple of unknown UHF onces but I dont remember them.

ecps92

As I have said in many a FEDCOM forum YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)
but there has been plenty USSS, FBI, ICE, CBP, ATF traffic to listen to, in many varied travels

And there is still plenty of Analog still out there

not data its encrypted and P25. What you might hear that isn't Encrypted will be P25. FBI and the USSS have strict protocols for encryption of radio traffic.

As I have said in many a FEDCOM forum YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary)
but there has been plenty USSS, FBI, ICE, CBP, ATF traffic to listen to, in many varied travels

And there is still plenty of Analog still out there

Thank you. I will keep listening for them. I got all of them programmed of VHF in one zone and all the UHF in anther zone.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that a lot of the tried and true FBI frequencies (and others) are changing due to the re-farming of the federal VHF band. All the new FBI repeaters (and some simplex channels) are up in the 168-174 MHz end of the band.

- Chris

Squad10

I can confirm all database frequencies are in use in the Chicagoland area. All having N167. TPL 167.9 no longer used. Minimal reassignments have occurred.

About 20 new frequency assignments have been in use since 2012 Chicago Summit.

Central IL has never had much radio activity.

I can confirm all database frequencies are in use in the Chicagoland area. All having N167. TPL 167.9 no longer used. Minimal reassignments have occurred.

About 20 new frequency assignments have been in use since 2012 Chicago Summit.

Central IL has never had much radio activity.

All the onces under Chicago that say Federal agences. Under FBI. Wouldnt they be the same for Peoria.

ecps92

Stephen

For those of you that listen to the FBI or USSS, are their radio channels mainly just car to car type communications or do they actually have a dispatcher on their channels?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
For those of you that listen to the FBI or USSS, are their radio channels mainly just car to car type communications or do they actually have a dispatcher on their channels?

In many cases, the FBI dispatcher is located at the regional FBI Field Office and has control of the remote repeater sites from there, (List of FBI field offices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). In the case of the Secret Service, they usually just have a dispatch console at their regional Field Office as well, but I believe they have fewer offices and not as many remote repeater sites, (List of United States Secret Service field offices - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

The US Postal Inspectors, the Federal Protective Service and Customs and Border Protection are some of the few federal agencies that actually maintain wide-area dispatch centers in the U.S.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.