Fbi field frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave2582

Curr: Hudson, NH Lived: Tewksbury/Billerica MA
I'm not keen on the federal frequency lists, but I heard some activity on one of the surveillance channels in the Boston area. When I looked it up, the listing was out of the Houston office. Why am I able to hear a Houston based channel in the Boston area?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Because, for the most part, they are not limited to locations, they may pop up anywhere in the country.

UPDATED NOTE: Looks like the three of us posted at the same time, just shows great minds think alike.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response. Just trying to learn how it works.

If you see it on a list for Houston, that is probably because that is where it was heard and reported to the list owner, not that it is limited to Houston. I have a Federal Protective Service frequency in my area that is usually encrypted but occasionally I'll hear units from other nearby states checking in. Also, as fed investigations often cross state lines so do the radios they use.

ecps92

Not all Federal Surv Ops are submitted to the RRDB
Reasons vary by area/person/reasons, but are generally
a. They wish to keep the ENC bug out of the Region
b. They feel keeping the noise level down will result in more enjoyment in the monitoring
c. Don't poke the bear :) ie: Rule # 1 should be don't post/chat about Active Surv Ops
Wait till you read the Press Releases from the US Attorney :) That chat locally about them

I'm not keen on the federal frequency lists, but I heard some activity on one of the surveillance channels in the Boston area. When I looked it up, the listing was out of the Houston office. Why am I able to hear a Houston based channel in the Boston area?

Status
Not open for further replies.