FBI Freqs Heard in Washington County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Just thought I'd throw this out there... I don't have a P25-capable scanner any longer but I recently scanned the 167 MHz range and found P25 activity on 167.3875, 167.4875, and 167.5625, all of which are common FBI channels.

I am willing to bet that they are all P25-Encrypted w/ 167 NAC, but someone w/ a P25 scanner will have to confirm this. And I was using a decent antenna on the car, so I suppose it could be from the area surrounding Washington County possibly, as I know that FBI repeaters sometimes use high-power.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Been monitoring them over a year and 99.9% of the time they are encrypted (probably good since they would have been now anyway) and the NAC is 167. There's 2 offices in Winchester VA (one is in a nondescript building in downtown and another on the outskirts), I think there's a small one in Martinsburg, WV and there's at least one in Hagerstown, MD. About a year ago I heard someone on an analog freq call the Richmond office and asked for some info. I'm guessing they have some kind of link established.

Last edited:

Joem301

Gilligan sounds like were pretty close to each other,I have a p 25 radio now as well still figuring it out thanks for these updates

Status
Not open for further replies.