FBI Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
If it's 'squelch noise' followed by a short tone, it's encryption, and you aren't going to be able to listen to it.

Sometimes individual units goof up, and turn off the encryption, or have radios which are temporarily unable to encrypt, and go 'clear' mode.

Those frequencies look like interoffice links, rather than the actual operating channels. Most FBI field traffic is on VHF, between 162-174 MHz, mostly from 167-174.

Last edited:

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I think the "CJIS Center" might be a big FBI data center located there in WV. "FBI Police" might be the site security patrol. IIRC there are "FBI Police" marked bld security cars at the FBI HQ in Wash DC also. Peter Sz

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps the dispatcher is encrypted or P25, but the mobiles are clear analog. Peter Sz

wannabace

I really don't know what else to try. These guys are FBI Police and do security for the large complex we have up here. I am listening with both a BCD996XT and a BCD 396XT so if it was P 25 you would think I would hear it. I'm open for any ideas. Thanks so far!

SpecialAgent

I am trying to listen to the FBI Police in Clarksburg, WV. I am able to hear the individual users talk however when the "dispatcher" talks all I get is a constant squelch. Anyone know how to make this work?? Thanks in advance! Below is the link to the RR Database page where I got the frequencies.

Harrison County, West Virginia (WV) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

sorry, its encryped traffice and you wont be able to monitor it, i have the same problem in my area.

MOTOROLANUT

Fbi cjis

The FBI Police recently got new radios at CJIS. They were using Jedi series motorolas. Now they have upgraded to XTS5000's. And yes the FBI police are using UHF low band in CJIS Clarksburg.

wannabace

The FBI Police recently got new radios at CJIS. They were using Jedi series motorolas. Now they have upgraded to XTS5000's. And yes the FBI police are using UHF low band in CJIS Clarksburg.

Can you confirm that they are partially using encryption? Are they using UHF so they have interoperability with the IRP system?

MOTOROLANUT

Sorry for the delay in responding, your thread resparked my interest in monitoring CJIS. After a few days of re-monitoring I can answer your questions:

#1 Yes dispatch-control is running analog encryption.

#2 Are they using UHF so they can integrate with the WVIRP system, I seriously doubt it, The FBI police were using UHF long before WVIRP came into play. Thats not to say the radios won't do it.
The XTS5000's and the XTL's they have in thier Tahoes are quite compatible with the WVIRP.
But if thier intention was to use it, they would already have a talkgroup up and running
and not use the analog transmissions.

But encryption or not and only hearing half the conversation sometimes,
you are missing NOTHING...LOL Unless you want to hear a conversation such as "unit 123 water tower or east perimeter check complete." Thats all you'll hear. Remember the FBI Police mission at these facilities is Force Protection, NOT Law Enforcement. Sure they might give some government employees some bogus speeding citations but these are most likely never a true CVB misdomeanor.

I would concentrate your time listening to the WVIRP as there is plenty of action in the Harrison county area....Unless of course....gate and perimeter checks really interest you...

If you have any other questions let me know as I will do my best to help ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.