FBI responding to inbound Detroit jet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squad10

FBI responding to firecrackers exploding inside jet inbound to Detroit.

Story just broke on MSNBC - no article yet.

Squad10

A passenger set off firecrackers aboard a plane at Detroit Metropolitan Airport, causing a commotion and some minor injuries, a Delta Airlines official said Friday.

Delta Flight 253, an Airbus 330 carrying 278 passengers, was arriving in Detroit from Amsterdam when the incident took place Friday afternoon, said Delta spokeswoman Susan Elliott.

The passenger was immediately subdued, Elliott said. She had no details on injuries.

An FBI spokeswoman in Detroit said the incident was being investigated.

The pilot reportedly declared an emergency due to a smoke indicator alarm.

The flight landed at 12:01 p.m. ET, 21 minutes later than scheduled, according to the Northwest Web site.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
How in the world did they get on an airplane with fireworks??? O 'wait Out of country flight. They need to crack (no pun attended) down on the security to incoming flights to America. Why in the world would someone set off fireworks in a plane? Boredom, deathwish, etc... LOL

I hope they throw the book at them with the new laws in place.

P.S. thnx for the post

Squad10

Stupid move on passenger's part who lit them. I'll be in jail for Christmas.....

Squad10

Fox News is reporting the suspect is claiming to be a terrorist and that the "fireworks" were actually a failed detonation of an explosive device.

Hmmmm... Fox News reports suspect is Nigerian. From what I've seen, Nigeria has all the attributes to become a terrorist breeding ground and base.

smartboy06

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I heard the transmission via HEMS to U-M. The perp is the guy at the hospital with 3rd degree burns to his "thighs and err....genital regions".

Squad10

Yeah I heard the transmission via HEMS to U-M. The perp is the guy at the hospital with 3rd degree burns to his "thighs and err....genital regions".

Good to read this. Hopefully his genitals have been Retired In Place so he cannot reproduce.

Command30

How in the world did they get on an airplane with fireworks??? O 'wait Out of country flight. They need to crack (no pun attended) down on the security to incoming flights to America.

What makes you think the TSA is any better?

AMS is a major international hub with screening that would satisfactorily match any major airport.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Our flights will never be completely safe until they drop the stupid restrictions and start using psychology (El Al) instead of trying to find every possible explosive combination.

rcvmo

Welcome to Detroit boys and girls. We're not about to take any crap from anyone. Way too close to my home.
Dang spilled my coffee all over me when I heard the call-out.
Other than that, we all had a Merry Christmas after all.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have to wonder why the scum-bag is still breathing. The passengers that stopped the attack should have finished the job and snapped his neck!

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
They couldn't do that, they had to read him his rights!

Absolutely - glad someone with a little common sense could chime into this thread until the whacko "kill them all without a trial" crowd took over.

Status
Not open for further replies.