FBI surveillance frequencies for Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

photopro

Photopro - Does anyone know of 2012 FBI surveillance scanner frequencies in Ohio. I scoured RadioReference in many Ohio counties, but can't seem to find te information I am seeking.

photopro

2012 FBI surveillance scanner frequencies for Ohio

Thank you for the information. I appreciate all the assistance anybody can give me.

ecps92

since frequencies vary by FO [Field Office] and then by RA [Resident Agent] Offices your best bet is to spend sometime searching 162-174 Mhz. Look for 167.9 Hz tones or $167 NACs for P25

Don't expect activity 24/7 as they do not operate like a typical Police/Sheriff's Disp

Welcome to the Hobby of FED Monitoring.

Post/Back - share what you log [after the event is over - posting live Surv is frowned upon]

Photopro - Does anyone know of 2012 FBI surveillance scanner frequencies in Ohio. I scoured RadioReference in many Ohio counties, but can't seem to find te information I am seeking.

JacobInIndy

Typically, you will only hear long conversations or exchanges during surveillance. On top of that, a lot of the surveillance is encrypted. During operations, they will usually make sure they are all encrypted.

Occasionally, an agent will forget to flip the switch or not have the key in their radio, so all will be in the clear. This is rare.

Expect to hear short blips of encrypted traffic. Also, most surveillance is done simplex. So, if you're not close enough, the scanner won't pick it up. I would say, within a mile radius, give or take a bit, should be close enough. There is no need to repeat surveillance traffic, usually.

photopro

Federal radio scanner frequencies in Ohio that are not encrypted

Are there radio scanner frequencies in Ohio that are not encrypted such as FBI,DEA,ATF,etc?

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
There probably are some DEA, FBI, ATF etc conversations in Ohio that are not encrypted, but it is hard to find them. If you could leave one scanner searching between 162 Mhz and 174 Mhz, you might find some. Might take a year or two though. Maybe not - I dont think there is too much hard info on the subject. This is probably your best place on the Internet to ask. Maybe someone will give you some help directly. Maybe they already have. Peter Sz

Status
Not open for further replies.