FBI Warns: New al-Qaida WMD Threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col

mdulrich

Premium Subscriber
And if they didn't make warnings and something happened, I know what the news, blogs, and threads would look like.

Mike

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
mdulrich said:
And if they didn't make warnings and something happened, I know what the news, blogs, and threads would look like.
No, unless you've been living under a rock or on Neptune for the past 7 years, pretty much everyone on the planet knows that the US could be attacked at any moment by terrorists. Such warnings are meaningless. This is just more "be skeered, vote Republican" nonsense.

-AZ

mikepdx

Speaking of "terrorist" threats, specifically the national threat level:

Does anyone REALLY think that the level will EVER be lowered to green (low)?
It will NEVER, NEVER happen.

It would be a green light for a real terrorist attack, or a domestic copy-cat to act.
Then who'd be foolish enough to believe our benevolent protectors ever again?

Any level above green, and der Homeland Security's butts are covered.

Last edited:

jimyleg

ptcheww!! ptchewww!! I got you !!!

No you didn't!!

So, uhm I think we should do every thing we can possibly do both in reason and unreasonable to protect ourselves.. As long as I'm not asked to wear a radio chip and listen to dick Chaney I'll be good.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
"In a separate interview with Newsmax's Ronald Kessler last year, FBI Director Robert Mueller said Osama bin Laden and his terrorist group were actively seeking to obtain nuclear devices with the intent to explode them in American cities."

Well, duuuhhhhhh! Sure am glad he's smart enough to snap on that one! This is nothing more than CYA. No department head wants to be caught with his/her pants down if it happens again, because they loose their cushy prestigious appointment jobs and their fifedoms get reorganized!

It's coming one day

Yeah, one day they are going to get lucky and set something off in a population center, count on it. But why live our life in fear in the meantime, giving them just what they want?

We should kill them when we can, saving as much money as we can along the way, not wasting it, and not hyping the whole thing for political gain.

I think so many people like myself who have been pretty supportive, are a bit tired of this thing dragging out forever. Let's get on with our lives and spend some of that money on other things, like giving it back to the taxpayers, or doing something important.

We are more threatened by the exploitation of terrorism, than by terrorism. Sad but true.

Raccon

We should kill them when we can, saving as much money as we can along the way, not wasting it, and not hyping the whole thing for political gain.
Well, you guys had your chance. But then Mr. President decided to start the war in Iraq and diverted resources from Afghanistan to there, giving Osama the opportunity to escape.

Oh, here is the joker (from the article linked above):

An FBI spokesman confirmed the threat "calling for the use of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) against civilians." The U.S. has no "intelligence of any specific plot or indication of a threat to the U.S.," the Bureau spokesman said. Still, the FBI has taken the precautionary step of alerting other agencies of the potential threat.

franka00213

What are we going to do when mr osama bin ladlin i mean obama is in office? If he gets there he dont seam to no anything in protecting the US in war time. If you can call this war time.

(I really hope he dont win well all be screwed, more then we are now.)

Utah_Viper

Main Entry:
ter·ror·ism Listen to the pronunciation of terrorism
Pronunciation:
\ˈter-ər-ˌi-zəm\
Function:
noun
Date:

: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion
— ter·ror·ist Listen to the pronunciation of terrorist \-ər-ist\ adjective or noun
— ter·ror·is·tic Listen to the pronunciation of terroristic \ˌter-ər-ˈis-tik\ adjective
Thus it seams that the only reason the 'terrorists' are winning is because we have become a nation of terrified persons who cannot live our lives as normal any longer.

car2back

What are we going to do when mr osama bin ladlin i mean obama is in office?
I was trying to think of something pointed to say back to you about how ignorant you sound and small minded in that post, but your words pretty much speak for themselves. I'm not voting for Obama, but I am atleast intelligent and American enough to look past the man's name/ancestry and at his polices to come to that decision. I suggest you stick to voting for American Idol.

Thus it seams that the only reason the 'terrorists' are winning is because we have become a nation of terrified persons who cannot live our lives as normal any longer.
Your exactly right. Their goal is to destroy the American way of life, and they've been right on track since 2001 thanks to all our fear mongering and civil rights violations in the ironically named PATRIOT Act.

Last edited:

jimyleg

Republican is the only way.
Republicans are the only way to deficits and dead servicemen. Enjoy the bull**** while it lasts. Americas getting back on track and the "republican" blunder machine will ahve to thumb it from here on out.l

Status
Not open for further replies.