FCC Callsign / New page design

Status
Not open for further replies.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
It looks like the FCC Callsign pages got a new design:

The new design limits the number of frequencies that are displayed/rendered on a page. New choices are 10, 25, 50, and 100 frequencies.

In the old design, all of the frequencies could be displayed on a single page. It was nice to be able to "copy" that page via select/Ctrl-C, and paste it into an excel spreadsheet for filtering/sorting before pasting into Sentinel.

Is there some way we can get the old page back, or modify the new one to display all frequencies for a license?

Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Redesign looks good to me, very clean. I like how the callsign is now linked to the ULS entry, and the county and state are linked to those entities in the RRDB. Nice touch. Also love the ability to sort on any column, as well as the dynamic filtering of any field.

As far as getting back the old page, not going to happen. It's not really that much of a challenge to set the display to 100 frequencies, then copy the data from each resulting page. The old format was unwieldy with large licenses, this is a much nicer presentation.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Redesign looks good to me, very clean. I like how the callsign is now linked to the ULS entry, and the county and state are linked to those entities in the RRDB. Nice touch. Also love the ability to sort on any column, as well as the dynamic filtering of any field.

As far as getting back the old page, not going to happen. It's not really that much of a challenge to set the display to 100 frequencies, then copy the data from each resulting page. The old format was unwieldy with large licenses, this is a much nicer presentation.

...or modify the new one to display all frequencies for a license?

How about a drop down for "All"?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The old page had the FCC license link on the bottom of the old page.
Right, and it was omitted from the newly redesigned page until I emailed Lindsay and suggested that the callsign itself become the link to the ULS. That's how it is now, and it's nice and clean.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I love the design. Very clean. But why is every single emission type (even the same frequency) displayed on its own line? One frequency could be displayed 4 or 5 times or more based on the emission type. Seems like a very odd way of displaying the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.