FCC database is down 1/6/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reconrider

I think we can all wait a few days for it. You've done a ton of crap for us lately - and the bcalls is actually a nice feature after using and understanding it. change your rr email to mine and log off for a few days. get some rest lol

cpohlad

Premium Subscriber
I think we can all wait a few days for it. You've done a ton of crap for us lately - and the bcalls is actually a nice feature after using and understanding it. change your rr email to mine and log off for a few days. get some rest lol
Curious what bcalls are...

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'd make a joke about how often this goes down, but Lindsay would probably have to ban me and I like the site too much. Seriously, I can count on this being off line every weekend and not fixed until Monday or Tuesday.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Seriously, I can count on this being off line every weekend and not fixed until Monday or Tuesday.
Sorry, but that's an exaggeration. As a dbadmin, I access the RR FCC database almost daily, and it's not down for nearly as often as you claim.

garys

Premium Subscriber
You must have super powers. I do a lot searching using DSDPlus and almost like clockwork every weekend when I'm trying to do look ups, the database is either not accessible or times out. W1KNE has also noted it, so I know it's not me.

Sorry, but that's an exaggeration. As a dbadmin, I access the RR FCC database almost daily, and it's not down for nearly as often as you claim.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'd make a joke about how often this goes down, but Lindsay would probably have to ban me and I like the site too much. Seriously, I can count on this being off line every weekend and not fixed until Monday or Tuesday.

That is an exaggeration. We only have outages when I'm driving long distance across the country or flying, or if I have a long board or business meeting over 2 hours. 🤣

garys

Premium Subscriber
I was actually commenting on the FCC site, not here. OTOH, when I was running an IT project I could count on the system going down any time I wasn't near a computer to monitor it restart it.

As I said back then, Artificial Intelligence is real, and it hates us!

That is an exaggeration. We only have outages when I'm driving long distance across the country or flying, or if I have a long board or business meeting over 2 hours. 🤣

mitbr

I bet the FCC will run much more efficiently when they receive all that new money from the Ham radio community/s LOL
Tim :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.