FCC Grants blank page

Status
Not open for further replies.

west-pac

@nd5y - Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize the RR database goes offline on Thursday mornings for the updates. My recent retirement allows me to play in the shack on weekday mornings, so this is all new to me. 73 de KG2S.

If you're an early riser like I am, you'll definitely enjoy that DX from just before sunrise, to a couple hours after sunrise. The only problem is, the best DX always happens on Thursday mornings when the RRFCCDB is down..🤣🤣 Ya know.. kinda like telling a fishing story,... every time you tell the story the fish gets a little bigger,... that's what DX is like on Thursday mornings when you're unable to look it up quickly. 😁

kmartin

Premium Subscriber
I went to check the FCC database and got 0 results or nothing to display. Public safety conventional and trunk for Galveston County. Same for businesses ?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Something is definitely amiss...

1641406059049.png

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Probably just the weekly download from ULS a day early. Usually early Thursday mornings but can be other times. I suspect will be up later today.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
When on any page in our database, clicking on any call sign yields the following, " Callsign XXXXXX not found. "

Seems like Radio Reference is not connecting to FCC or its not getting the data to display. Not really sure how it works but FCC site is working but Radio Reference FCC related is not.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The FCC database is up...through the regular FCC site.

Some portions might be up, but the database I have used for years to pull a weekly grant list has been down for a month now, and when you contact the FCC or submit a HELP ticket the response is always the same "Keep trying", and so I keep trying and keep getting...

Screenshot 2022-01-05 19.23.34.png

Last edited:

kf8yk

When on any page in our database, clicking on any call sign yields the following, " Callsign XXXXXX not found. "

Seems like Radio Reference is not connecting to FCC or its not getting the data to display. Not really sure how it works but FCC site is working but Radio Reference FCC related is not.

The callsign hyperlinks in Radio Reference point to the standalone FCC license database maintained by Radio Reference. The only connection between the RR license database and the FCC's ULS is a once a week records download from ULS to RR.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
This thread doesn’t have anything to do with the fcc.gov website.
It’s only talking about the RRDB FCC database.

Look where the thread was posted in.

“Forums > Site Administration Forums > Database Discussion Forum”

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
The FCC Data appears to be off-line. When I check the Last 250 Grants for multiple counties and states the results are nil.

west-pac

The FCC Data appears to be off-line. When I check the Last 250 Grants for multiple counties and states the results are nil.

RR's link to the FCC website is down. The FCC site works correctly directly.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
RR's link to the FCC website is down. The FCC site works correctly directly.
There is no link to the FCC website. The raw data from the ULS is imported weekly, but it resides exclusively on RR's servers.

west-pac

There is no link to the FCC website. The raw data from the ULS is imported weekly, but it resides exclusively on RR's servers.

Yea, I knew that. Regardless, the issue is on the RR side of things, not the FCC's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.