FCC Grants FCC Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
How are these updated? Are they updated on a schedule or only when fcc data changes?

The day before Suffolk county was green. But the last updated result is 11 5 2016 for both the grants, and the license. Now today again its green and nothing seems later than 11 5 2016, Yes, I have all the filters set to on in the licenses..

Attachments

• fcc.JPG
    fcc.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 416

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Go to the county and then the Downloads and Reports tab and scroll down to the change history.
It might have been a name change, a wide area trunked system talk group addition, etc. nothing to do with the licenses themselves.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
To add to that, just because a county is granted a new license or change to an existing one does not mean that the system is up and running. Typically, a county will get a new or modified license well ahead of construction of a new system. That's why you see the green in your "My Counties" display. Those are only FCC changes.

The database here on RR is based on user submitted information for what is actually operational.

The FCC info and the RR database are not directly interconnected for purposes of active systems.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The day before Suffolk county was green. But the last updated result is 11 5 2016 for both the grants, and the license. Now today again its green and nothing seems later than 11 5 2016, Yes, I have all the filters set to on in the licenses..

Typically, a county will get a new or modified license well ahead of construction of a new system. That's why you see the green in your "My Counties" display. Those are only FCC changes.

The highlighting has nothing at all to do with FCC licenses. Highlighting only occurs when a change is made to the RR database by a database admin. New FCC licenses will not trigger highlighting.

How are these updated? Are they updated on a schedule or only when fcc data changes?

The FCC data is imported into RR once a week, early on Monday mornings. Go to a link for any FCC license in the RR database and scroll down to the bottom, it will tell you when the FCC data was last imported/updated.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
nothing to do with the licenses themselves.

Those are only FCC changes.

Lol, one guy says nothing to do with licenses and the other guy says there only FCC changes, which would be, something to do with a license or grant.

Wow, I was already confused. lol

The highlighting has nothing at all to do with FCC licenses. Highlighting only occurs when a change is made to the RR database by a database admin. New FCC licenses will not trigger highlighting.

The FCC data is imported into RR once a week, early on Monday mornings. Go to a link for any FCC license in the RR database and scroll down to the bottom, it will tell you when the FCC data was last imported/updated.

So when a county is updated it turns green, and it just happens to highlight the Quick Links FCC Licenses and FCC Grants green, like in the pic, even tho no new licenses or grants exist. Ok, got it.

Thanks all

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Lol, one guy says nothing to do with licenses and the other guy says there only FCC changes, which would be, something to do with a license or grant.

Wow, I was already confused. lol

So when a county is updated it turns green, and it just happens to highlight the Quick Links FCC Licenses and FCC Grants green, like in the pic, even tho no new licenses or grants exist. Ok, got it.

Thanks all

My bad on that and apologies to all. I got your question backwards, and I should not read so fast. Green is for RR database updates. If there's an FCC update or grant, just the date changes in the My Counties display.

You will also see green on a state map for a county that has been updated in the last 24 hours, and then yellow for 6 or 7 days after.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

The two quick links to "FCC Licenses" and "FCC Grants" are turning green because they're part of the same row as a county that had a recent RR database update.

Whether or not there are new FCC licenses/grants/renewals is irrelevant in terms of the highlighting and "Last Updated" date. There may or may not have been recent FCC activity for that county; the only way to know is to check the "FCC Grants" link each Monday.

If there's an FCC update or grant, just the date changes in the My Counties display.

The date doesn't change for anything having to do with the FCC license database.

If that were true, a ton of counties across the country would have their "Last Updated" date changed every Monday, since there are almost always renewals, grants, etc. that get imported each week. Clearly that's not the case.

Note that this applies only to the FCC data that is imported weekly. If a database admin updates the "License" field for an entry in the RR database, naturally that is considered a database change, which will trigger the highlighting and date change.

Status
Not open for further replies.