• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

FCC IG Frequency Coordination for a VHF repeater pair for a 501(c)3

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUGOLD

I am the president of the AUPROSPECTORS Corporation, we are in Alabama and the IRS has determined us to be a 501(c)3 we are looking for a FCC Frequency Coordinator that can coordinate the frequencies for a VHF repeater. Our Nonprofit has a piece of land donated to us for our mission and camp for the underprivileged children of the area to experience the outdoors and due to location no cell phones work. We have been using bubble packaged two-ways for on-site comms, the location is only about 5 miles from the proposed site of the (1) fixed location, the antenna structure is in-place on a pole on top of the building, the antenna has been donated and is a 6/9dB exposed dipole omni antenna that with the height of the building and the antenna mount will put the antenna a bit more that 80 feet off the ground, higher that any trees around. Another option is putting the antenna at the top of an old water tank ladder that leads to the roof of the water tank, on this tank a local radio station uses it as a microwave antenna link to it's transmitter site, the water tower is 8/10th of a mile down on the same street as the building on my property.

Eligibility
90.35A1​
APPLICANT IS ENGAGED IN PROSPECTING AND ECOLOGICAL STREAM RESEARCH ACTIVITIES IN REMOTE AREA RADIOS WILL BE USED TO COORDINATE THOSE ACTIVITIES AND FOR SAFETY COMMUNICATIONS IN AREAS WITH NO CELL PHONE COVERAGE​
s

The coordinates and radius around the fixed location would be:
Location 1: Fixed
32.5653889 -85.6836389
Degrees Minutes, Seconds: 32°33'55.4000", -085°41'01.1000"
Location 2. 40.0 km radius around a fixed location 1

50 Mobiles and 100 handhelds

I have a copy of the FCC 601 filled out and it is ready to go, with us being a 501(c)3 we would only have to pay the $70 FCC fee plus the frequency coordination fee, anyone out there willing to help us out? We are glad to pay the coordination fee, FCC Form 601 with schedules are complete, copies of the IRS determination letter is available upon request

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Use the "Frequency Coordinator" tab here to find one:

You will need to pay the frequency coordinator, and that can be a few hundred bucks for one frequency pair. Unless you have filed for these types of licenses before, there can be significant value in having the coordinator do it for you. That can prevent a lot of headaches.

Make sure you license not only for your repeater (FB2) but the radios (MO), and license for simplex operation on your repeater output frequency.

AUGOLD

Use the "Frequency Coordinator" tab here to find one:

You will need to pay the frequency coordinator, and that can be a few hundred bucks for one frequency pair. Unless you have filed for these types of licenses before, there can be significant value in having the coordinator do it for you. That can prevent a lot of headaches.

Make sure you license not only for your repeater (FB2) but the radios (MO), and license for simplex operation on your repeater output frequency.

I still have the FCC 601 and all scheduled that were approved the local radio shop took a look and says its fine, I have an FB2 and MO with simplex, I found a Freq Coordinator to license a pair for 185.00 plus the 70 FCC fee since we are a 501(c)3 we are exempt from the $100 FCC fee. Now does the Coordntior have to submit the application or can we submit on the FCC e-file site and pay the FCC direct?
Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.