FCC Licenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
i do a lot of searching the fcc database for frequencies of interest. Just wondering what all the station class codes mean and what type of mode. For example, what station class codes might i see for nxdn, dmr simplex, dmr cap+, ltr, etc. (fb2 vs fb6 vs fb6c, vs fb8 ) those are the ones i see the most) Yes, I have read the article in the wiki for this but still dont understand the meaning of all that. Also when setting up a scan list, is it important to include mobile and control point frequencies? What does control point frequency do?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
i do a lot of searching the fcc database for frequencies of interest. Just wondering what all the station class codes mean and what type of mode. For example, what station class codes might i see for nxdn, dmr simplex, dmr cap+, ltr, etc. (fb2 vs fb6 vs fb6c, vs fb8 ) those are the ones i see the most) Yes, I have read the article in the wiki for this but still dont understand the meaning of all that. Also when setting up a scan list, is it important to include mobile and control point frequencies? What does control point frequency do?

The FB2, FB6, etc, those are station classes. That's what the radio is, a repeater, a mobile, a fixed station, etc.

Emission designators are the type of modulation the radios use, and is not related to station class.

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Right, I understand all that, just trying to narrow down a long list of frequencies. One system I monitor could be nxdn or ltr, and another system could be cap+ or ltr, all licenses include the appropriate digital emissions and analog emissions codes as well.

Planning a little road trip this weekend so trying to narrow down potential possibilities could prove helpful

nd5y

Also when setting up a scan list, is it important to include mobile and control point frequencies? What does control point frequency do?
No. For normal repeaters and trunked systems you only need the base/repeater frequencies which are the ones with station class codes beginning with FB. Only in very few cases would you ever need or want to program repeater input frequencies.
Mobiles and control stations transmit on the repeater input frequencies.
A control station (not a control point) is a fixed station that transmits on a repeater input frequency and receives the repeater output frequency in the same way as mobile and hand held radios.

According to FCC Part 90 rules:
Dispatch point. Any place from which radio messages can be originated under the supervision of a control point.
Control point. Any place from which a transmitter's functions may be controlled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.