FCC Lompoc California

Radionut57

Premium Subscriber
Newbie here... I recently purchased the 436HP.. I had the radio shack 668, I'm having a issue with the FCC prison trunking.. on my 668 I would just go to agencies and found the prison and clicked on box on right side.. on the 436, I'm not having such luck, imputing my zip code isn't working, it'll stop on prison frequency, but makes that irritating trunking sound.. I take it I would have to either down load it on PC or is it possible to manually input all the system id's ECT.. I figured it would just pick it up just by putting my zip in.. apparently not .. should have stuck with the 668.. any feedback will be appreciated..

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the corrections service type enabled?

All the TGs correct?

SiteNameFreqs
001 (1)Site 1406.6125c406.8125c407.050c408.0125c409.4125409.8125410.000

DEC HEX Mode Alpha TagDescriptionTag
16010ACorridorCtrlCorridor Control?Corrections
32020ACompoundOpsCompound OperationsCorrections
48030AOps ControlOperations ControlCorrections
64040AMaint 64MaintenanceCorrections
160323ea0AComp1/Comp2Compound 1/Compound 2 InteroperabilityCorrections
160483eb0AFront EntranCh 2 Front EntranceCorrections
160643ec0ACh 7 MaintCh 7 MaintenanceCorrections

Last edited:

Radionut57

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry not sure what your talking about, I'm really new to this scanner stuff..I thought it would be like the RS 668 I didn't have to do all the programming like this one calls for.. was really a simple scanner the 668 .. I thought you just input zip and go to service channels and pick what you wanted off the list like federal and corrections.. I'll have to watch a YouTube video to get the jist of it.. I thank you for your help ..Rick

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry not sure what your talking about, I'm really new to this scanner stuff..I thought it would be like the RS 668 I didn't have to do all the programming like this one calls for.. was really a simple scanner the 668 .. I thought you just input zip and go to service channels and pick what you wanted off the list like federal and corrections.. I'll have to watch a YouTube video to get the jist of it.. I thank you for your help ..Rick

Check your service types - one of the primary reasons people have issues.
If you don't know how, read:
Easier to Read BCD436/536HP Digital Scanner Manual

If you don't understand trunking basics, it'll be very hard to 'get the hang of it'......
Start here:
Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I'm having a issue with the FCC prison trunking..
In the Profile Editor in Sentinel, the Corrections service type must be enabled. Give this hpe favorites list file a try. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Go to the File tab in Sentinel and click on Import from hpe file (Favorites List). Click on New Favorites List and name it: Lompoc Prison Click on OK. In the Downloads folder, open the extracted file (Lompoc Prison.hpe). It will appear as a favorites list in Sentinel. In the Profile Editor, both Download and Monitor need to be set to On for the Lompoc Prison favorites list before you Write to Scanner.

Attachments

• Lompoc Prison.zip
    790 bytes · Views: 4

N9JIG

Sheriff
On the 436 and similar scanners the SERVICE TYPES are used so you can select the types of things to listen to. There are about 30 or so of them and every channel in the database has one assigned. You must have a matching Service Type selected to turn those channels on. Think of them as an enhance lockout system for a group of channels.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I suggest you send your PRO-668 to Whistler for the Legacy Upgrade. It will convert your scanner to a Whistler WS1080. You will be able to use the WS1080 EZ-Scan programming software for database and firmware updates. The upgrade also adds DMR to your scanner. legacy scanner upgrade program.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
You can also post on the RR Forums regional group, they are listed by state. Scroll way down under “Forums”. Post your ask there and see if someone lives close. Meet up for coffee and see if they can walk you through it. A caution; I believe there is a rule against multiple postings? But there is a way to move your post over without bending the rules. Hopefully someone will chime in here and tell you how to do that-all I recall is it’s a simple process, just never did it myself.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You can also post on the RR Forums regional group, they are listed by state. Scroll way down under “Forums”. Post your ask there and see if someone lives close. Meet up for coffee and see if they can walk you through it. A caution; I believe there is a rule against multiple postings? But there is a way to move your post over without bending the rules. Hopefully someone will chime in here and tell you how to do that-all I recall is it’s a simple process, just never did it myself.
If you want to do that, just click on REPORT in the bottom left corner of the post and ask for it to be moved to where ever you thought it should be.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You just click on Report and request that your thread be moved to the California forum.

on2baja1

Just my 2 cents, I agree on suggestion to send it in to Whistler for legacy upgrade. I did that recently and right out of the gate my scanner was working far better than it has in years and that was on the same exact antenna in the same exact location. In addition to adding DMR capabilities, they switch it over to the Whistler 1080 ecosystem which now allows you to upgrade the firmware in the scanner and the databases and the new scanner software updates and on and on. It brings it back from the dead so to speak. Customer service was over the top great. For $60 which includes return priority shipping with tracking and insurance it is an absolute no-brainer and I would not hesitate to do it again. It was 10-day turnaround from the day that I shipped it out to the day that I had it back in my hands. Fantastic customer service! If you put a note in with your scanner asking them to run Diagnostics on your boards and circuits and whatnot they'll let you know if anything is coming back reading week or whatever. They did that with mine and if you choose to have them fix it it's an additional very very reasonable charge.

ecps92

Newbie here... I recently purchased the 436HP.. I had the radio shack 668, I'm having a issue with the FCC prison trunking.. on my 668 I would just go to agencies and found the prison and clicked on box on right side.. on the 436, I'm not having such luck, imputing my zip code isn't working, it'll stop on prison frequency, but makes that irritating trunking sound.. I take it I would have to either down load it on PC or is it possible to manually input all the system id's ECT.. I figured it would just pick it up just by putting my zip in.. apparently not .. should have stuck with the 668.. any feedback will be appreciated..
since that Trunk in the DB has not been updated since 2012, it could (assumption) be that the FCC moved to a full P25 TRS vs P25 voice on the old analog TRS.

Anyone close by to see if the SysID changed from 4 characters to 3 characters to confirm my thought above

ecps92

since that Trunk in the DB has not been updated since 2012, it could (assumption) be that the FCC moved to a full P25 TRS vs P25 voice on the old analog TRS.

Anyone close by to see if the SysID changed from 4 characters to 3 characters to confirm my thought above
a PM from someome traveling thru the area confirms 942B is still active on 406.6125
maybe try and manually input the system