FCC Salinas/watsonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delivers1234

So I called the interference on gmrs 3 to the FCC about 4 months ago. this is in the Salinas Area, California. FCC called me asking how it was affecting Channel 3. They thought I meant the tv channel. Anyway, I recorded the sounds and sent him my gmrs ID.

Its nice that they called. I hope they can fix channel 3. it sounds like its bleeding from another business frequency.

Delivers1234

Update: The FCC man called (I'm sorry I forgot his name). He found the possible source on a mountain around Mountain view? He will call me Thursday and ask the owner to shut off the antenna to see if GMRS 3 clears...

Q: Can I consider this my first Fox Hunt? :)

Doink

I don't know if you've considered but 462.6150 is the 3rd harmonic of 152.205. I don't live up there but I do see in the database that channel is licensed up in your neck of the woods. For what its worth.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Certainly could be.

I looked at all the licensed users in the area, and the FCC is showing them all as analog. The interference is digital, or at least sounds like it.

I was driving up highway 101 from Paso Robles last night and had the UHF radio with me. All along 101 from the south end of the Salinas valley I could hear it. I've heard it as far north as Santa Cruz. That's pretty strong for being a harmonic.

Good idea, though.

Delivers1234

Hi. The fcc called again to check if i still heard the signal on GMRS 3. I still had it. The operator says it looks like "john deere" equipment in the farming area sending gps info continously. he will continue to look into it. he did not seem to think it was a 3rd harmonic frequency. He divided the frequency by 3.

Delivers1234

update: The FCC tech said some antennas were shut down. He said it is from the john deere drones or something that remotely controls farm equipment. My mobile did not pick up the interference but when I went to my home base 2nd floor apartment, it was still there.

Could someone see if they here anything on channel 3 and where you are at? Im in Salinas.

KeithKenobi

Premium Subscriber
I spoke with the FCC too. Told them it was It is the RDO Equipment Rental WQYP976 and WQQD780. The FCC shut down some of the transmitters but there is still one weak one I can hear from Santa Cruz.

n6tbq

Premium Subscriber
{ have heard noise on 462.6125 GMRS 3 for l the last two months here in Salinas. It is not constant but in periodic bursts, but did hear some analog FM weak few times. What is your interest? Do you have or use a GMRS 3 repeater near Salinas? I have a few local repeaters but not GMRS.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
WRDH556 - Cal Coast Machinery Inc
04/30/2019 License Issued

Applicant is John Deere. Radios will be used to transmit data.
ATTACHMENT
In accordance with FCC rule section 90.233 Base/Mobile non-voice operations, system provides one way
remote control signaling from the base unit to receive only rover units.”
In accordance with FCC rule section 90.205 applicant will be using approximately 50 tractors per location
in a 32 km radius.

1160 Grace Lane, Nipomo, CA SAN LUIS OBISPO County
30360 Johnson Canyon Rd, Gonzales, CA MONTEREY County
677 El Camino Rea, Greenfield, CA MONTEREY County
52103 Cattlemen Rd, King City, CA MONTEREY County

FCC Licenses for FRN: 0023939317 (Cal Coast Machinery Inc)

KeithKenobi

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info! (I see NO license for 462.6125)

We also found a location near Chowchilla, and contacted the ranchers.
Between Rd 15 & Rd 16 and between Ave 18 1/2 and Ave 19
37.0239 -120.2630

There was also a VERY strong signal just south of King City (I assume the Cattlemen Rd location), I did not have a chance to DF.
FCC was notified and I don't know if they had time to look into it.

***BUT: As of today, the 462.6125 frequency is clear!

PS, I understand the FRS channels are voice only, but what types are legal?
IE DMR? P25?
And what about GMRS?
Thanks!
Keith

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Status
Not open for further replies.