FCCA console question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q101ATFD

Hey dispatchers:

So I was listening to the scanner at work the other night and a CPD unit was trying to find another back on 4A. Unsuccessful, he asked the dispatcher "who's on this channel?", and she replied "177, 32, and 48" (or whatever units were back there ATT).

Do the dispatch consoles actively show which units/radios are on which channels, or is that just the dispatcher keeping track of who's been marking on 4A recently? Thanks - just curious,

-C

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Q101ATFD said:
Hey dispatchers:

So I was listening to the scanner at work the other night and a CPD unit was trying to find another back on 4A. Unsuccessful, he asked the dispatcher "who's on this channel?", and she replied "177, 32, and 48" (or whatever units were back there ATT).

Do the dispatch consoles actively show which units/radios are on which channels, or is that just the dispatcher keeping track of who's been marking on 4A recently? Thanks - just curious,

Dispatcher keeping track with CAD.

Tom WA8PYR

Q101ATFD

Thats what I figured, as the FOP gets antsy at the first hint of any 'big brother' watching over... like with the GPS units in the cruisers. It would be pretty cool though if it showed which radios were monitoring which channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.