FDM-S2 Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
I am thinking about buying one of these Software defined radios, FDM-S2 from the web site I have posted in this post, I was wondering if anyone in Canada has bought one of these radios and if there is a cheaper place to get one of these in Canada and how you like it. Any information Pro's and Con's. One of the things I like is that you can see a large slice of the spectrum at one time, there are many other features that make it a lot easier to listen to the bands.
Steve

FDM-S2: ecom ELAD Usa Inc.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Thread info

No I did not see this Thread Mike, :) thanks so much for posting it. I have made up my mind that I will be ordering the FDM-S2 from ELAD-USA-INC, I have talked to them and the receiver is out of stock right now, but for being patient and waiting they are going to give me a 5% discount, Really nice of them to do that. I will start to do some searching for different antenna's for the radio, I do live in an apartment so I will be going with an indoor antenna or one that I can sit on my 4 floor balcony, I do have a discone outside on the balcony to get started with so I will do some research for better antenna's I can use.
thanks again for the info.
Steve

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No I did not see this Thread Mike, :) thanks so much for posting it. I have made up my mind that I will be ordering the FDM-S2 from ELAD-USA-INC, I have talked to them and the receiver is out of stock right now, but for being patient and waiting they are going to give me a 5% discount, Really nice of them to do that. I will start to do some searching for different antenna's for the radio, I do live in an apartment so I will be going with an indoor antenna or one that I can sit on my 4 floor balcony, I do have a discone outside on the balcony to get started with so I will do some research for better antenna's I can use.
thanks again for the info.
Steve

C'mon over here, and give us some more details on your apartment situation - particularly that balcony - that's just cryin' for a loop (but we can't discuss that here :wink: )

Receive Antennas (below 30MHz) - The RadioReference.com Forums

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.