FDNY Citywide Tropo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph11

I'm hearing some PD with southern accents coming over FDNY Citywide. Anyone know if this is really tropo on the input or is someone being an idiot and rebroadcasting a PD over it? Thanks.

phoenix

Picked up a "Landsdell/Landsdale PD" transmission last night...also a tone out for an EMS call, possibly another agency ...I did not have the scanner set for PL/DPL decode .

1STR465

yeah i was getting the same thing offtone on 154.43, but wasn't able to narrow down which dept it was.... definitely police though..... some tx's had a dtmf tone at the end

Joseph11

Yup. There were two PD's coming over it. One with southern accents and another one with "New Englandy" accents. The one with southern accents used MDC-1200 and the other one used DTMF. I think the southern one was coming from Maryland, but I'm not sure.

1STR465: By "offtone", do you mean you were getting another PL? I was getting 186.2 Hz here. I even heard the FDNY Citywide dispatcher make several "open mic." announcements because of it.

FrankRaffa

When I worked in Manhattan it was not uncomon to hear Ipswich New Hampshire fire on Citywide.

phoenix

Heard "Chichester PD" on last night loud and clear w/ PL same as NYFD Citywide. As per Frank Raffa .....It's got to be Chichester NH near Concord

Last edited:

1STR465

sorry -- meant offtone as no pl/dpl programmed w/ the freq... i did that purposely at work so i could get anything and everything on 154.43 and the wonderful fdny citywide :p

PJH

Premium Subscriber
There is a dept down in North Carolina that has the same repeater pair. I forget which, but when I was down there, I was getting them on the citywide freq. As you go up I85? towards Richmond, they would battle each other. FDNY has been heard (espeically Manhattan before 2001) down south. In fact, you can/were able to hear them I95 for quite some distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.