FDNY Manhattan dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blindshooter

Does anyone know if the Manhattan frequency has changed? I haven't been able to hear anything for the past three days on either my desktop or handheld. FD had a run on my block the other day and I could pick up the HT frequency but not Manhattan. At first I thought it was just because Manhattan wasn't transmitting but when the radio in the trucks was working and not my scanner I found it odd.

Danny37

They could be on the citywide freq, the borough dispatch have been switching over to citywide a lot recently. They might be doing repairs.

npd155

FDNY is working to move everything over to the new communications center so each boro has been spending some time on CW while the transition.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You must've heard wrong, because that is certainly not the case. They just finished the migration to 482 MHz, which took a few years and was not cheap.

cackis

Premium Subscriber
I heard on the SI FDNY frequency a couple of weeks ago that FDNY is switching to 800MHZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You probably heard the dispatcher tell a chief, marine or special unit to switch to the 800 MHz radio. These units use 6B on the Doitt 800 trunked system on a regular basis.

Robertc1

You probably heard the dispatcher tell a chief, marine or special unit to switch to the 800 MHz radio. These units use 6B on the Doitt 800 trunked system on a regular basis.

It could be possible. I turned on the radio mid transmission. All I really got was "if you can't get dispatch go to ch 6B on 800MHZ during the transition.

ansky

Whenever there is an active fire in NYC you can hear the FDNY operations on the Doitt trunked system. They usually use the Division channels.

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Division channels are on uhf trunked.

There is currently a plan being put into place to have trunked dispatch channels as backups.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Both trunked systems are UHF...400mhz and 800 MHz.

Yes, technically UHF refers to the 300 MHz - 3 GHz spectrum...but you know darn well that in common parlance used around here, "UHF" refers to 300 - 512 MHz, and that the bands above that are referred to specifically as 700, 800, and 900. Let's not get cute with technicalities. :roll:

Frequency1

Premium Subscriber
Division channels are on uhf trunked.

There is currently a plan being put into place to have trunked dispatch channels as backups.

tbendick,
Do you know what talkgroups the new dispatch *backups* are using?
Existing or new?
Thanks

Danny37

Does anyone have a map of FDNY division borders for when they rebroadcast foreground ops on the UHF doitt system?

Status
Not open for further replies.