FDNY questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cackis

Premium Subscriber
Awesome, I appreciate your input.

I hope I'm not bugging you but have you ever heard HT-4 through HT-9 used or the UTacs used?
No problem. You'll hear channels 4-8 used all the time at the rock (fire academy for anyone not familiar with what we call it) and once in a while in the field if a company is using them for drill. Ch's 9 and 10 in the 8000's are the new encrypted tactical and command channels. Only time I've heard the U tacs used in the city so far has been Marine 4 talking to Westchester County units at an incident they went up to help with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Danny37

No problem. You'll hear channels 4-8 used all the time at the rock (fire academy for anyone not familiar with what we call it) and once in a while in the field if a company is using them for drill. Ch's 9 and 10 in the 8000's are the new encrypted tactical and command channels. Only time I've heard the U tacs used in the city so far has been Marine 4 talking to Westchester County units at an incident they went up to help with.

One more question lol. Does the division chief doitt vehicle repeater only capable of broadcasting HT-1 onscene or can it rebroadcast HT-2 & 3 if they ever switch over. I've seen them change channels from time to time.

mikeybus44

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else noticed that the Queens dispatch channel sounds terrible lately? I get random bursts of static almost every 30 seconds. And when the dispatcher is speaking there is a ton of background noise. I'm wondering if this is widespread or some sort of interference local to my area.

I have disliked the UHF channels since they started using them several years ago. Nothing like those booming 154 Mhz VHF from the old days you could hear those anywhere, fully quiet to the point where I would look to see if the scanner was actually on.

cackis

Premium Subscriber
One more question lol. Does the division chief doitt vehicle repeater only capable of broadcasting HT-1 onscene or can it rebroadcast HT-2 & 3 if they ever switch over. I've seen them change channels from time to time.
The division vehicle (as long as its not a spare) will rebroadcast HT-1 over their assigned DARS talkgroup when activated by FDOC. They can also rebroadcast the HT-2 command channel over the command relay talkgroup but it must also be activated by FDOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.