FDNY radio layout

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Does anyone have the current FDNY portable layout? There's a few online, but they're older versions.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
or
I assume you have seen this…yes this is old and I have no knowledge of current usage. As a former New Yorker and long time listener to fdny, just curious why one would be interested in these layouts except for general, fun knowledge since we would have no reason to put them into an apx or xts radio by channel(?) and, correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn’t some kind of key be necessary. While I am very radio literate, I am not up on todays pro radios.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
They’ve definitely changed the layout from the previous XTS portables. I’ve handled both, and the APX have far more zones with interagency operations, etc.
Even though all the new talkgroups are full time encrypted, curious minds want to know how the radio zones and talkgroups are laid out as it helps identify the many unknown talkgroups on the DOITT system.

Can someone post the names of the talkgroups as shown on the radio for each zone?

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Why would we not have reason to put them into an APX or XTS radio by channel?
Ok obviously you are not in nyc😉so my question stands. Please advise why someone from outside nyc would need to have fdny portable freqs in any radio. I understand the OP wanting this since it appears he is there but your answer said “we” not “him” . If you meant him then I fully understand. Thanks

jrothwell

Premium Subscriber
Ok obviously you are not in nyc😉so my question stands. Please advise why someone from outside nyc would need to have fdny portable freqs in any radio. I understand the OP wanting this since it appears he is there but your answer said “we” not “him” . If you meant him then I fully understand. Thanks
Let's see...I'm only a 5 hour drive from NYC and maybe I'm travelling there to visit? In that case, wouldn't I or anyone else living in, or travelling to, NYC want those frequencies in their radio? I don't understand your original comment:
since we would have no reason to put them into an apx or xts radio by channel

k2hz

Database Admin
Even though all the new talkgroups are full time encrypted, curious minds want to know how the radio zones and talkgroups are laid out as it helps identify the many unknown talkgroups on the DOITT system.

Can someone post the names of the talkgroups as shown on the radio for each zone?
This response from @CqDx is self explanatory as to the reason for the OP's question and why there is no point in programming a radio with encrypted TGs.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Let's see...I'm only a 5 hour drive from NYC and maybe I'm travelling there to visit? In that case, wouldn't I or anyone else living in, or travelling to, NYC want those frequencies in their radio? I don't understand your original comment:
You win

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Believe me I am not concerned, but being a free country I have a right to ask without being put down. I have always respected any person's choice as far as radios and usage…to each his own. I am not the radio police.
Not that it would make a difference, but I am quite familiar with the FDNY buff situation..I was one for many years having lived and worked there and am probably more familiar with FDNY operations than many here and I keep up to date. I have been in the former Brooklyn dispatch office and still have friends there. But , fortunately, I left the area. 👍😀

a727469

Premium Subscriber
If this was addressed to me, In post 5 I tried or maybe that does not count..I promise, I will now go away and leave it to the experts here.