FDNY radio layout

ten13

Premium Subscriber
I have been in the former Brooklyn dispatch office and still have friends there.
Well, maybe one of your friends there can answer your question in a lot more detail and accuracy than anyone here.

Sometimes I read posts here from people asking questions about the FDNY, sounding like they think that the 1970s never ended, and that the whole city is as busy as it was then, and they don't want to miss anything.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The best way to describe the bulk of the FDNY's activity today is, "Smells and Bells," meaning, most of the running now are the smells of "odors of..." gas, smoke, "strange odors," and the "bells" of automatic interior fire alarms mostly attributed to defective alarm systems.

Indeed, for the entire month of August, 2024, the entire FDNY saw only 12 multiple alarm fires citywide, and only one of those in the once-rip-roaring Bronx (the Bronx used to do that 12 fires in less than 16 hours on an August night).

I hope you get the radio layout you want from your friends at the Brooklyn office, but I don't expect you to hear anything unusual...or at all...over those frequencies.

a727469

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the confusion , I have buff friends there, not dispatchers. also please see my post 17 and my previous posts. I was not the one requesting the layout. I was actually questioning the need for the layout for which I got in trouble. I do agree with you in the lessening of fire activity.