FDNY Streaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamHLG

Good morning all. While I no longer live in NYC, from time to time I do enjoy streaming FDNY live audio for Manhattan and sometimes the other boroughs as well. Lately I have noticed that the feed on Broadcastify for FDNY Manhattan had reception issues on the feed (i.e., the feed sounds analog and the feed would at times cut out or be difficult to hear with static noise - - nothing to do with internet signal or stream technologies). Today I noticed that all FDNY feeds are offline on Broadcastify.

I am curious as to whether there is a better method to listen, or a better feed, on the internet other than those found on Broadcastify. Also does anyone know why all the FDNY feeds are offline?

Thanks.

ansky

A tropical storm blew through this area earlier in the week. At one point there were over a million power outages in the tri-state area. It's possible that the people hosting those online feeds are still without power.

AdamHLG

A tropical storm blew through this area earlier in the week. At one point there were over a million power outages in the tri-state area. It's possible that the people hosting those online feeds are still without power.

Actually that's a really good point. Well, if anyone reading this is a feed provider, TYFYS (I too am a feed provider so I appreciate your work!!).

Status
Not open for further replies.