Feature on BCD536HP similar to a "Wildcard"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

Besides using the Discovery Mode, is there a feature that would work like a "wildcard", while scanning?

There is nothing better than the ability to set a "wildcard" type feature on trunked systems that, while scanning, will alert me when I get a hit on a non-programmed or unknown TG.

If there isn't a feature like this, add it to my wishlist. If there is, I must have overlooked it in the manual

Thanks in advance,
Jake.

Last edited:

del1964

Premium Subscriber
You'll get plenty of non-programmed talk groups and an occasional unknown by using ID Search instead of ID Scan. Would be cool if you could set an alert tone or LED flash on an unknown to RADIOREFERENCE database

Jake68111

So if I use "ID Search", it doesn't affect the scanner any differently than had I kept it on "ID Scan"?

Will the scanner still scan at the same speed and still broadcast the other TX's as it normally would in "ID Scan"?

AC2OY

Very nice guys,for me this is a amazing radio so far I unboxed it yesterday and within a minute I had it scanning! Once I figure out how to customize it using the sentinel software,I can only imagine the possibilities!!! UPman's videos do help a lot but I need to watch them some more and actually try to program it side by side!!

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Doesn't affect or slow down the scanner at all. But you may get talk groups that you don't really care to listen to.....like animal control or street department or trash pickup. LoL. But you may get an undocumented talk group which is kinda exciting

phask

Premium Subscriber
When you do get "crap" if you can't find it in RR you can add the TG to your favorite and Guess - or id and or avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.