Feature Request: Ability to provide calls for "Common" / "Statewide" frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
The latest versions of SDRTrunk now support sending calls for analog channels. My feeds are based in the state of IL and I have started adding fireground frequencies to my feeds. I am unable to contribute these to BCFY due to where they exist in the DB (Subcategory: Common/Shared/MABAS - Mutual Aid Box Alert System (Statewide Fire Mutual Aid) ( Statewide / Common / Shared)). It would be nice if it was possible to send fireground operations into calls, granted these can mix together from the whole state.

I will note with this, however, that SDRTrunk currently assigns these analog 'calls' a fake talk group, a behavior which I believe varies from Trunk Recorder.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is an issue that I've been thinking about, will require some significant architecture thoughts and approaches to support. Mainly, my thoughts were around calls feeds for firefighting operations in the west using shared frequencies, but your situation applies here.

We CAN support these MABAS channels today... just tell me which slots and which channels and I can add them just fine. The issue is, as you mentioned, the possibility of the calls being mixed statewide which could be an issue.

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
We CAN support these MABAS channels today... just tell me which slots and which channels and I can add them just fine.

I have programmed in both IFERN and all Fire Grounds (with the exception of Orange - Not applicable to my area). But even so, I’m curious if SDRTrunk’s method of handling analog calls is even currently compatible with Calls.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have programmed in both IFERN and all Fire Grounds (with the exception of Orange - Not applicable to my area). But even so, I’m curious if SDRTrunk’s method of handling analog calls is even currently compatible with Calls.
I'll have to look at the code for our calls ingest API to see if I indeed even support analog conventional calls using SDRTrunk. I don't have an answer for that at this time.

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
I'll have to look at the code for our calls ingest API to see if I indeed even support analog conventional calls using SDRTrunk. I don't have an answer for that at this time.
It was just released a couple months ago so I wouldn’t be surprised. My understanding from what I can tell on my side: When programming a NBFM frequency, it now allows us to assign a pseudo TGID to that frequency. I then have to add that pseudo TGID to an alias list, which I can then add to my traditional feeds (which I have done, seems to work well) I think the compatibility issue will be from that fake TGID though. Based on your API docs, if that still passes frequency information then I think it should be fine.. if I get a chance later today I’ll try to get a sample request to see if I can make some sense of it compared to how your calls platform expects it to come in.

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
Alternatively if I have access to a development API key / system ID I can try to send things to it and see how it comes across

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We setup a table on our end that matches that "fake" TG ID to a frequency entry in the RRDB for each conventional calls node. Most of the conventional only calls software packages calls them "slots"

I still need to look at the code to see if our ingest code will support this for SDRTrunk - we do it fine the same way for Trunk Recorder etc. I just need to verify we're setup to handle the same on the SDRTrunk side.

Stay tuned.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ok, looking at the ingest code I think we'll be able to support this without any change, however I'll have to provision it manually until we can get the Web forms updated.

Send me via PM:

The frequencies in order that you plan to send to Broadcastify Calls using SDRTrunk - they need to reside in the RRDB so give me the list in order, along with the county / agency where they reside. I'lll provision you an instance and we'll see how this works out.

TheAlmightyZach

Feed Provider
Send me via PM:

I do not seem to have permission to PM you. I must've missed the email notification when you replied back on the 8th of this month. I apologize for that delay, but glad I just saw it. To answer your request:

Frequencies and Order I currently have them in:
154.26500 WQAG579BM210.7 PLF2 IFERN-1Base/Mobile InteroperabilityFMNFire-Talk
153.83000 WQAG579M69.3 PLF16 FG-REDFireground: Red (Main-Fire Ops & Accountability)FMNFire-Talk
154.30250 WQAG579BM67.0 PLIFERN-2Base/Mobile Interoperability 2FMNFire-Talk
154.28000 WQAG579M74.4 PLF15 FG-WHITEFireground: White (Logistics, support, SRT Ops)FMNFire-Talk
154.29500 WQAG579M85.4 PLF14 FG-BLUEFireground: Blue (EMS, water supply, boat ops)FMNFire-Talk
153.83750 WQAG579M91.5 PLF13 FG-GOLDFireground: Gold (SRT Entry Teams)FMNFire-Talk
154.27250 WQAG579M94.8 PLF12 FG-BLACKFireground: Black (HazMat Ops)FMNFire-Talk
154.28750 WQAG579M136.5 PLF11 FG-GRAYFireground: Gray (Logistics and Support)FMNFire-Talk

I am located in McHenry County, IL, and these frequencies are shared across all Fire Departments in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.