Feature Request: Feed Alerts via Non-Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Not sure if this idea has been thrown around in the fourms, if it has I have not seen it and I do apologize in advance if this could be a duplicate.

Could a feature be added where a feed provider can give access to another trusted member to send out feed alerts or edit feed descriptions.

They would enter the email address of another broadcastify member and send an invitation for them to part-time manage the feed.

Thanks,
Remington

Last edited:

Reconrider

Why not do it yourself on your phone? Seems like a bad idea for them to think about that

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Why not do it yourself on your phone? Seems like a bad idea for them to think about that
I no longer stream a feed but a friend of mine does, usually when he is busy I'm not and multiple calls for service come into the county constantly. It would be nice for him to give me limited access to post alerts for incidents when he is not available.

Reconrider

I no longer stream a feed but a friend of mine does, usually when he is busy I'm not and multiple calls for service come into the county constantly. It would be nice for him to give me limited access to post alerts for incidents when he is not available.
Derp I didn't notice you were Premium and not a Feed Provider. I don't think they would do that though - it seems like from a security stand point, it could be a bad thing.

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
I could see that but it would be nice to give access to at least one other person to help control a feed mostly in high traffic environments

Reconrider

I could see that but it would be nice to give access to at least one other person to help control a feed mostly in high traffic environments
I don't see a reason for it. Use teamviewer to get onto his computer and do alerts that way.

KD0TAZ

Feed Provider
I had actually requested this feature last year, as I have a group of people who monitor my feed and maintain its facebook page. I had suggested the same kind of setup where you you can enter other members as "trustees" to be able to do certain things like post alerts and status, and see stats, but not make any administrative changes. Someone else in that same thread also suggested allowing alerts to be geofenced, so we can send out alerts about local happenings like traffic accidents, fires, burglaries, etc without setting off a national alert to people who would just get annoyed at it.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I had actually requested this feature last year, as I have a group of people who monitor my feed and maintain its facebook page. I had suggested the same kind of setup where you you can enter other members as "trustees" to be able to do certain things like post alerts and status, and see stats, but not make any administrative changes. Someone else in that same thread also suggested allowing alerts to be geofenced, so we can send out alerts about local happenings like traffic accidents, fires, burglaries, etc without setting off a national alert to people who would just get annoyed at it.
It would be nice. I want to see what Lindsey has in store for this year. If its a BIG rework like stated hopefully this will be apart of it.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I’d rather give someone my password to Broadcastify then share my whole computer
^This.

Always amazes me why some feel the need to be so negatively vocal simply because they don't like a suggestion. Then don't use it, simple enough.

I for one welcome any enhancements to feed alerts, including the potential to grant permission to trusted members on a per-feed basis to post alerts. This would be especially useful for official feeds, where several members of the hosting agency could have permission to post alerts via an app like Scanner Radio. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.