SDS100/SDS200: Feature Request? Location Control by Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
When I'm at home, I want to monitor only one site (the only one in range), but when on the road I want to use location control to select the appropriate site(s) to scan.
I currently set up two different favorites lists with the same system in both. One is set to Location Control, the other is not, and has all unwanted sites locked out. Multiply this by the dozen or so systems I want to monitor this way and I have a bloat of Favorites Lists.

Is it possible to configure location control by department? If not... that's my feature request. Not sure Uniden is as dialed-in here as before, but it's worth a shot. :)

Desired setup -
Favorite List 1: System A
- Dept 1: System A using LocControl
- Dept 2: System A without LocControl

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Try this, Leave location control on and turn off sites you don't want to use with a Quick Key(s).

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Sites have range values and depts have range values. Assuming the system that's in the db is set up with the correct ranges for your depts and sites, it can be done. I altered some depts in my counties system so I only hear them with in range. I even went further and set gps for the 7 police precinct talk groups in my county and set ranges so when I drive around Long Island, I will hear the pct I am in. I set the scan range to 0.5 and it seems to work well. We have 2 sites but I am never near the other but I leave it set to on just incase.

Every trunked system in the db has a talkgroup category location data report. It lists the ranges for each talkgroup category. There is also a system site location data report that lists the range of each site. Range is meant to be the intended area of use.

Below is a screenshot of my counties ranges..

suffolk dept.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.