Feature Request: Time Based Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roveer

OK, hopefully the topic got your attention. I use my scanner for a number of different things. During the day I listen to a Fire/EMS, Police and our entire county radio system. At night I only want to hear fire dispatch and only for my town. I'm still working on getting FTO working.

It dawned on me that there is a need to be able to configure your radio differently based on schedules. A quick example would be 6am-9pm certain channels be selected, a certain volume setting be selected. After 9pm certain channels be selected and volume lowered to a certain volume.

Does this sound like something that people would like? I thinking that radios are about at there limit with features but this could be a powerful one and make the radio more useful. This is just a simple example. I'm sure the more we think about it the more detailed it could become.

Thoughts?

Roveer

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
That could be a neat feature to add.

Until then, I accomplish essentially the same thing by duplicating my normal favorite list to one called "Night". In the Night favorite list, I lock out or turn off the things that I don't want to wake me up, so I only hear a few select channels that I know might be worth waking up for. I had not thought about changing the volume. That might be worth tinkering with to.

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Great ideas!

And enable a Color / Dimming profile(s) capability on the same idea list as a differnt lighting setting for some based on your schemes noted would be appreciated I suspect.

A light level sensor perhaps as anothe option...?

Nice ideas...

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.