Feature Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak4fn

Well I saw the http://forums.radioreference.com/ge...f-someone-gave-you-blank-check-any-radio.html thread and I thought it would be nice to have a wish list for features we would like to see in a new model scanner. A couple features I would like to see added are:

Dual Receive
A/B antenna connections with the ability to program which bank or system to use with which antenna input
an IR that any universal remote would work with
and all the other options that a BCD996XT has!

ak4fn

Well I did try to do a search for one, but it wouldn't let me search for the term "wish" so I searched for feature and went 4 pages back and didn't see anything. sorry

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Dual recieve for the split simplex systems like some state police use, or for monitoring both the FD and PD at a scene at the same time.
Multiple antenna ports so you can connect band specific antennas has it's pros and cons. You need room for them.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

Remote head capability should be more common than just Scanner Masters after market option for some of the Unidens, and the forth-coming GRE PSR-900.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I like to see a "Hold" beep. Sometimes I hold on a channel to hear their traffic and forget to return to scan.
I like the multiple antenna jacks. I would also like a true programmable trunked priority channel.

ak4fn

Remote head capability should be more common than just Scanner Masters after market option for some of the Unidens, and the forth-coming GRE PSR-900.
+1

I like to see a "Hold" beep. Sometimes I hold on a channel to hear their traffic and forget to return to scan.
I like the multiple antenna jacks. I would also like a true programmable trunked priority channel.

I would like that as well, I don't know how many times I have forgotten to resume my scan!

I would love to see them make a temp lockout time based 5 mins or so, but also keep our other lockout options. I do like the way the bcd996xt does the lock out temporarily, but to have both would be really nice.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Proper decoding of CQPSK-LSM simulcast digital would top my list, everything else is useless to me if I can't actually HEAR any audio. :lol:

That being said, I'd like to see louder audio, like 700mw on a portable.
I'd also like to be able to feed audio directly as a USB device, so as to not tie up the line/mic IN on a PC.

A rugged housing would be nice, you know, something sealed to IP-57 specifications so it wouldn't die a premature death if I'm taking a walk and we have one of those downpours we often to in the Southeast.

A top mounted SCAN ON/OFF or NUISANCE DELETE button would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.