Feb. Scanner/HAM Radio Meeting and dinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRutt2005

Hey Everyone in and around OKC,

Thanks for reading this, used to there was a Radio scanner group that would meet monthly at a restaurant each month in OKC. This restaurant was decided by the people who came to the meet. It eventually died and no one showed up anymore. I'm here to try and revive this event. I know there was times where people couldn't come because they had previously arranged plans and we normally planned these dinner a week or two ahead of time. To resolve this issue I came up with a way for us to meet and know exactly when we are going to meet.

The Plan: We could find a day of the week like Thursday after work where everyone could meet. We would figure out what works best for having a big turn out every month, and set the every meeting for the same time each meeting. (ex. If there is a good turn out on the second Thursday of the month, we would set every meeting for the second Thursday of each month.) Before we left each meeting we could decide where to meet for the follow meeting or we would pick a meeting spot the following week. Either way it would be a set day and time every Month or Every Two months.

Give me feed back on this plan. Tell me what you're thinking and your ideas. Also maybe we can get a meeting in for Feb?

Talk to you soon!

Sincerely,
Nick
KF5AIB

jmiles56

I live in shawnee but am retired so it sounds like it might be interesting.Most of my radio life has been HF DX and utilities but have collected a fair amount of scanners (newest is the BCD996xt) over the course of the years. I'm sure there would be plenty to learn from some of the more informed folks in the hobby. If there seems to be enough interest I would like to join in.

Jim

NRutt2005

Awesome...I know another person that would Love to join he hasn't responded yet. If you think you can get some people to join also feel free to invite them, Young, Old, Men, Women. Doesn't matter. Hope we can get a few more people at least to join. Thanks!

Nick
KF5AIB

woodyrr

I've been preoccupied trying to get the snow and ice off of the vehicles and driveway.

I can't commit to a dedicated recurring time of the month, but I am available say Tuesday the 9th or 16th - unless I get the blasted flu again :roll:

boyledad

I have too many things going on in my life to say what days I'm available but if someone picks a day and I'm free I'll try to be there.

One of the best looking groups of radio geeks I've ever been associated with.

rockhound

I would be interested in attending but my Thurs's are already spoken for, most other nights are good though.

Woody you seem to be havin' a rough winter ... gettin' enough vitamin C ?!

tech53

well i've been dying to meet some of the other hams in the area, and i'm sure I can tolerate you scanner guys for a night ;-) just kidding, but i'd love to get together.

KF5EGM

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
I'd be open for then - or anytime this week.

Any of the usual locations would be fine with me...

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Hm, how about Chili's?

Not committed to that by any means, I only thought of it because a friend gave me a gift card there! :D

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
SE 15th & Meridian?

There are quite a few around, don't know if any one would be better than another...

n5usr

Premium Subscriber
Uh.. Yeah! Screwed that up. I was even thinking about that when I typed it, and still got it wrong! :D

See you tonight!

tech53

guess i missed that one

maybe i'll make the next one, I really didn't have the time anyway...I had to work. Ick.

btw for those of you who are hams, you can find me on the .135 repeater regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.