Fed EDACS systems in Bell and/or Mclennan Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I logged four or five EDACS sites between Waco and Temple. Not sure where they are actually located. Laptop battery gave out before I could save my notes. They were all UHF federal band 406-412 mhz. The goofy thing is every one had the same Site number and active control channel LCN number - LCN 03 on Site 05. Perhaps someone with X-trunker software in the area can invest some time logging sites.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Last year I logged with a friend of mine 3 400 mhz edacs systems from fort hood and these were temporary used for training. After a month or so they were gone.

SCPD

QRT
kd5dga said:
What frequencies did you log?
Sorry teacher ... the computer ate my homework. Seriously ... off the top of my head three of them were ... 40X.2500 40X.5000 and 40X.7500.

The "X" digit was the same - I just don't remember. Had it typed out but not saved. The laptop shut down instead of hibernating so when I powered it back up - it booted from scratch. My unsaved notes were gone.

-rick

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Yea When windows crashed on me I had to reformat and lost my data.Normally I make a back up usually every month so my scan banks will be saved incase of a major problem.I may have to search the 400 mhz side again to see what is happening.

wr1tx

I found a control channel frequency of 409.700 that seems to be local (Temple). Has anyone else found the other frequencies that would be linked to the frequency that I've found?

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
I ran a search between 400 to 420 mhz and only found the 409.700 control channel for the VA hospital in Temple. No other control channels were found. The only other activity was some digital signals maybe telemetry and probably comming out of Ft.Hood.

SCPD

QRT
Site 12 LCN 3 on 407.5 Mhz was active Saturday and Sunday 5th & 6th - thoroughly covered Waco, Salado, Robinson, and outlying areas. Not sure where the signal originates because it covered such a wide area.

kd5dga

Premium Subscriber
Before I forget, I remember a discussion a year or so ago that all the VA's radio systems would/could be tied together for other Federal agencies.I am wondering if this other control channel that is comming up could be another repeter and linked as a system.

SCPD

QRT
TSTC and the FPS/Secret Service (Crawford) have an EDACS System in place for Presidential Security. it covers the VA-WACO, TSTC AP in Bellmead, the Crawford Ranch, the WACO IRS Office and one or two other Fed agencies. (So I was told by a Local radio distributer)

Status
Not open for further replies.