Fed Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleSkye

Does anybody know of any in the area that are active at all?

I believe I have heard traffic on what I believe are CBP & BATFE nets, but it was always encrypted (or I am really far away and it is just a horrible signal :D ).

I have done a bit of scanning, but I have found nothing so far...

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know of any in the area that are active at all?
And what are would that be? Do you realize people from everywhere around the world use this site?

Welcome to RadioReference.com. It would help us help you if you put your city/etc in your profile .. and let us know what you are trying to listen to.

SimpleSkye

Sorry about that, my bad. I assumed that since I posted this in the Sacramento Valley sub forum, there was no need to re-specify my area. :D

In the Sacramento/Roseville area, I hear traffic now and then on CBP's 165.2375 and on (just tonight even) ATF's 165.2875, so far has always been encrypted. I cannot hear the units on the inputs, so I have no idea where they are, but I know it is the repeater because of the sync data at the end.

Sac916

I have found that "clear" and "interesting" traffic is quite rare. I don't even bother trying to monitor feds any longer. 417.2000 in metro areas is about the only interesting thing.... sometimes. Based on my experience.

SimpleSkye

I have found that "clear" and "interesting" traffic is quite rare. I don't even bother trying to monitor feds any longer. 417.2000 in metro areas is about the only interesting thing.... sometimes. Based on my experience.

Heh, true.

I figured it was worth a shot anyway though. The only fed thing I can ever hear is CVP North, but all they talk about is what gate is open and what pump house they are at, lol. Everything else is quiet and never used, or encrypted.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sorry about that, my bad. I assumed that since I posted this in the Sacramento Valley sub forum, there was no need to re-specify my area. :D
I guess it was my bad too. I didn't realize it was the local forum. Although Paradise is a short drive and I don't know if you're monitoring from home or on the go.

In the Sacramento/Roseville area, I hear traffic now and then on CBP's 165.2375 and on (just tonight even) ATF's 165.2875, so far has always been encrypted. I cannot hear the units on the inputs, so I have no idea where they are, but I know it is the repeater because of the sync data at the end.
I scan quite a few fed frequencies as well as non repeated state agency frequencies. Sometimes a non-repeated signal will use voice inverson or be in the clear. Most often fed frequencies are digital, but I also hear them in the clear (one radio not set correctly?). Because they are not constantly chatting, just a signal on some freqs let's me know something is going on, even if I can't hear the conversation.

The list of what I monitor is vast, so it really depends on specific interest. Note that some of us are getting together for a face to face Saturday (10/22), and I can share that with you then if you'd like.

ecps92

417.2000 has been abandoned in most Metro Areas. [Rebanded and Narrowbanded down to the 408-410 regions\

SimpleSkye

I guess it was my bad too. I didn't realize it was the local forum. Although Paradise is a short drive and I don't know if you're monitoring from home or on the go.

I scan quite a few fed frequencies as well as non repeated state agency frequencies. Sometimes a non-repeated signal will use voice inverson or be in the clear. Most often fed frequencies are digital, but I also hear them in the clear (one radio not set correctly?). Because they are not constantly chatting, just a signal on some freqs let's me know something is going on, even if I can't hear the conversation.

The list of what I monitor is vast, so it really depends on specific interest. Note that some of us are getting together for a face to face Saturday (10/22), and I can share that with you then if you'd like.

I am usually monitoring on the go. Sometimes I have a radio on in the background when I'm home, but is a handheld so it is kinda like I am on the go, lol.

Since all my radios are VHF, that is the band I have been focusing on.

I have engagements the next few weekends, so while I would love to meet face to face, I am unable to. :(

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Sac FBI still has random stuff in the clear. They've yet to convert to P25.

Much of the Fed activity in NorCal (outside of the Bay Area) is going to be from non-LE agencies due to all the waterways, federal electric (WAPA) and parks. I'd suggest the NorCalFedCom list; it needs some life added to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.