fed. frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3nitnweed

I'm still trying to hear Mt. Rainier, tried all the suggested frequencies and nothing. Since we know there are people in the back country and on the roads there must be some communication going on. Where is it? I admit to being old, stupid and out of date and in need of all the help I can get.

Please~

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
As of today:

169.725 (97.4) Comm Center, park law enforcement and ranger dispatch

163.075 (various) Input to 169.725. PLs noted were 131.8 and 141.3

170.375 Telemetry at top of Chinook Pass

As I was leaving the park, I caught some P25 traffic on the Comm Center freq, but was driving and unable to note it. Sounded like crap though.

I also caught PCFD District 26 units 2601 and 2603 chatting it up on OSCCR, 156.135.

j3nitnweed

Brett,

Thank you for the frequencies, I'll give them a try. However, as I said I'm way behind the times, please explain this phrase ( I caught some P25 traffic on the Comm Center freq, ). All those years of happily enjoying listening on the old BC 20/20 has left me wondering what everyone is saying about now.

j3nitnweed

I entered the comm center and the first voice heard when scanning was a park ranger.

Thank you, thank you, at last I can hear the park traffic.

I thought you needed a digital scanner to receive that signal, I'm picking up 156.135 - not really clear, understandable.

Is there a book, or something that spells out all this stuff in simple language? It seems the more I read here and elsewhere online the more confused I get. I not only have to learn a new language, but how to program the new scanner and I'm lost.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Status
Not open for further replies.