Federal and Air for Vancouver/Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

eecame

I live in Vancouver and recently upgraded from a non-trunking to trunking scanner and am quiet happy with the CRESA action. I listened to my first full out fire Sunday, while installing some baby gates on the stairwell, it was tremendously exciting, haha.

Before I went to trunk-tracking I mostly listened to WSP D5, a couple TGID simulcasts and some air freqs. As I endeaver to program a well-rounded and diverse profile for my bc246t I've noticed that many of the freqs listed for federal don't have any traffic and the Air frequencies are hard to identify (like PDX and Troutdale airports sharing freqs).

Is there anyone in the area that can give me a breakdown of what's what?

eecame

no one's familiar with these freqs? That makes me sad. I've tried investigating it and have come up with bupkis.

oh, well.

eecame

I already have that information. I was curious as to whether or not the Fed channels ever get any traffic in the Portland/Vancouver area and how I can tell which air channel belongs to which agency. I mean the troutdale and PDX airports are within 20 miles of each other and I'm equidistant from them both. When approach channel 180.100 hits how do I know which one it actually is. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for. I guess it just takes experience and more familiarity with radio transmissions. I'm cool with that.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Most of the fed talk groups are inactive. USCG talkgroup for 157.175 simulcast is active a lot on the BOEC system.

Status
Not open for further replies.