Federal DMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDaviation

Custom title goes here
Premium Subscriber
Hearing lots of talk on 413.025 CC 1 SL1/2 TG 1 this afternoon. Lots of talk about lap times, shifting gears, making turns, and flags. It's one guy that I keep hearing, sounds like he has an Australian accent.

My RR premium expired so I can't make a search right now.

I have two guesses as to what it might be. A federal agency doing EVOC training or maybe a foreign race team at IMS or IRP using a freq in the federal band. However, I don't hear any cars on the track.

Any thoughts?

ecps92

413.0250 is generaly a SIMPLEX FEDERAL channel, so they are CLOSE to you

Other than USCG in P25, not much else on that freq - LEGALLY

Hearing lots of talk on 413.025 CC 1 SL1/2 TG 1 this afternoon. Lots of talk about lap times, shifting gears, making turns, and flags. It's one guy that I keep hearing, sounds like he has an Australian accent.

My RR premium expired so I can't make a search right now.

I have two guesses as to what it might be. A federal agency doing EVOC training or maybe a foreign race team at IMS or IRP using a freq in the federal band. However, I don't hear any cars on the track.

Any thoughts?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
IndyCar runs on the road course at IMS on July 30. Could be somebody testing.

Mattnik

Database Admin
Back in the early "oughts" a buddy of mine that lived right next to the IMS was listening on his scanner when he heard a strange format. This is back when F1 was still in Indy. Turns out one of the teams was using an MPT-1327 system back before there were any (or very few) in the US. An interesting listen to be sure.

Also had a lot of encroachment on 440 from teams using the PMR European freqs. back in the same time period.

IOW, rules or no rules, racing teams are going to use whatever they want. Rules be damned.

Matt

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
IOW, rules or no rules, racing teams are going to use whatever they want.
In some cases, the European racing teams or the event organizers apply for special temporary authority to operate on frequencies otherwise prohibited by FCC rules.

When we were racing in Surfer's paradise we were still 25 kHz but they were 12.5 kHz. I happened to mention that to their version of the FCC one day, he said "so that's why you guys sound so good". Coordinating freqs in the xtal radio days was challenging since some of our stuff was public safety for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.