Federal Freq 417.700 (114.8 PL) in OKC - NLET Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
About a year ago, I found a federal user on 417.700 w/ a PL tone of 114.8. The only unit IDs that were heard were basically NLET control and Ida units. I believe NLET is actually the acronym for National Law Enforcement Telecommunication System. This would be similar to OLETS, which is Oklahoma Law Enforcement Telecommunication System. There is very little activity on the freq normally, and sometimes it's just someone or something keying up the repeater endlessly. But they're active on there again today, as Ida 474 (I think) went 10-7 on South OKC just a few minutes ago. I have some recordings if anyone wants them (PM me). I'd sure like to figure out exactly who this is...not your normal federal agency by any means. Here's what I'm thinking: Ida skips past Alpha/Adam, Bravo/Baker, and so on... so it could be a type of unit that starts with I, like Internal Affairs, or Internal Revenue Service, or Indian Affairs.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I think you are hearing the US Postal Service Postal Inspectors. They sometimes use the term NLECC for their regional dispatch centers. And the "IDA" units are Postal Inspectors...

NLETS refers to a non-profit organization that helps promote interagency data communications between public safety agencies, http://www.nlets.org/

- Chris

Last edited:

Gilligan

Database Admin
ChrisP said:
I think you are hearing the US Postal Service Postal Inspectors. They sometimes use the term NLECC for their regional dispatch centers. And the "IDA" units are Postal Inspectors...
I bet you're right. Just found this page: http://www.scanchattanooga.com/federal/uspostalservice.php and I'd say that's good enough for me. Thanks so much for your input.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.