Federal Frequencies at Presidential Libraries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
I was planning a trip to one of the Presidential Libraries in California. I did an FCC search and several commercial frequencies came up. But it made me wonder if the Presidential Libraries also have and Federal Protective Service or Federal Police presence?

...and I'm not talking about when a President visits...

ecps92

The Presidential Libraries are under the
National Archives and Records Administation
Site locations [I see, a SEARCH mission] are
http://www.archives.gov/locations/states.html

Many of them have a "Law Enforcement Net" which typically will
be a Contracted Security Firm which may or maynot be Armed.

John F. Kennedy Library - Boston is
418.0750 S D-025

FPS might do external patrols thru the Area, if in a Larger City, I have never seen them go thru the area tho in Boston. However since the Libary sits on next to a Large Campus [Campus Police with full powers] and the State Archives they also get some State Police patrols thru the parking lots.

Any other National Records frequencies ??

I was planning a trip to one of the Presidential Libraries in California. I did an FCC search and several commercial frequencies came up. But it made me wonder if the Presidential Libraries also have and Federal Protective Service or Federal Police presence?

...and I'm not talking about when a President visits...

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. In my case, I'm interested in Reagan and Nixon public libraries, which are both in southern California...

ecps92

b52hbuff

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information. I should have told you that I already have some information, but I think that you have filled in some holes.

Here is the link to the FCC data:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WNWS852

...it lists a couple of frequencies not in your list.

Where did your data come from? I did a search of the rr forums, and I didn't find anything. Just curious if I was looking in the wrong place.

ecps92

I used the SEARCH in the upper right of your screen [Not the Forum Search]
which found some nice No R.R. sites that listen them.

Good Luck hunting.

Thanks for the information. I should have told you that I already have some information, but I think that you have filled in some holes.

Here is the link to the FCC data:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?cs=WNWS852

...it lists a couple of frequencies not in your list.

Where did your data come from? I did a search of the rr forums, and I didn't find anything. Just curious if I was looking in the wrong place.

mikew

Premium Subscriber
frequency info

I don't have any info on the Reagen library, however I live close to the Nixon Library and monitor the Library Security on 466.6125 and 467.850 mhz. Up until about a year ago the Nixon Library was privately funded and not a part of the Federal Presidential Library System so they used commercial frequencies and appear to have retained them. They use low power tranceivers and transmit infrequently so be patient when monitoring.

Mick

I have not heard the Nixon Library using their canceled (21Oct2003) licensed (WPDP292) channels of 466.6125 and 467.85 for quite a while now. Are you still hearing them using them? I used to hear them every day on 467.85 D627 until some time last year. Thanks in advance.

WNWS852 Ronald Reagan Presidential Library, Simi Valley:
462.075R, 463.500S, & 464.375S

I don't have any info on the Reagen library, however I live close to the Nixon Library and monitor the Library Security on 466.6125 and 467.850 mhz. Up until about a year ago the Nixon Library was privately funded and not a part of the Federal Presidential Library System so they used commercial frequencies and appear to have retained them. They use low power tranceivers and transmit infrequently so be patient when monitoring.

mikew

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I heard them yesterday and today, Aug 9 and 10. They may have gone to lower power handhelds as I seem to recall the signal strength was greater before the changeover.

Status
Not open for further replies.