Federal Frequencies Phx Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecps92

What Scanner are you using ?

I run NO Tones on my Federal Monitoring and use SEARCH

The reason being some of the channels are used by different agencies, but with a different PL/DPL and/or NAC, the only time I use tone is when I am getting routine interference and want to block it out from being Rcvd [usually images]

I would suggest spending some time [not every Federal Agency is active all the time, and some are Seasonal aka the USFS, BLM etc]

Search out the following bands, take notes [tones, site names, channel names, times, Radio check nets] from the following suggested search ranges.

138-144
144-150.8
162-174 [lock out the WX, but don't forget 162-162.3750]
380-400
400-420 [yes, most books list 406-420, but trust me go down to 400]

ALL in FM Mode, altho you might find some MilAir in the 138-150 range using AM still.

Best luck hunting. Take a month, and then post back what you found and what you have Identified for users..

And foremost, NEVER post live Surv Ops, always give it a cooling down period before posting that type of info.

Does anyone know if the federal frequencies in the Phoenix area use a tone (or a NAC)?

I'm using those in the RR Database - Drug Enforcement Administration - The RadioReference Wiki

InlandAZ

What Scanner are you using ?

I run NO Tones on my Federal Monitoring and use SEARCH
I've using a Pro-96/106/197.

the only time I use tone is when I am getting routine interference and want to block it out from being Rcvd [usually images]
That's my issue - all I hear is static on several frequencies.

InlandAZ

These - although, I'm not hearing the static today.

418.62500 DEA-PHX-1 Phoenix Ops FM Law Tac
418.82500 DEA-PHX-5 Tactical Ops FM Law Tac
418.95000 DEA-PHX-6 Ops FM Law Tac
418.17500 DEA-PHX-8 Tac/Alt FM Law Tac

ecps92

Sounds like your DEA channels are still Analog and they are using DVP/DES Encryption. Use a PL of 156.7 on these to eliminate the noise.

when they do go P25 it will be NAC $156 :wink:

Looks like you might have your work cut out for you, from that RR DB Page, with all the missing PL/DPL or NACs

Rather than cut-n-paste from the DB , I was looking to see what Freqs you are actually hearing.
some Channels are DoA for years and others have migrated to a new pairing, down in the 406-411 range, so keep an ear out there too

These - although, I'm not hearing the static today.

418.62500 DEA-PHX-1 Phoenix Ops FM Law Tac
418.82500 DEA-PHX-5 Tactical Ops FM Law Tac
418.95000 DEA-PHX-6 Ops FM Law Tac
418.17500 DEA-PHX-8 Tac/Alt FM Law Tac

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Might I add to help you decide if it's actual static or encryption. The analog encryption will sound like what I call the "screech and rush sound". Kind of like a squeal followed by a real loud white noise type sound. Yes, very annoying especially if you happen to have your radio turned up.

InlandAZ

Might I add to help you decide if it's actual static or encryption. The analog encryption will sound like what I call the "screech and rush sound". Kind of like a squeal followed by a real loud white noise type sound. Yes, very annoying especially if you happen to have your radio turned up.

No, what I was hearing was more like the squelch was set to its lowest value.

CORN

Premium Subscriber

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help. Bill can send you in the right direction though. Hell we dont even have a Fed presence in Nashville anyways for me to hear all the different encryption types, muchless clear comms. Good luck.

InlandAZ

I'm not sure what I was hearing, it was literally static (continuous) like an open mike with no background noise. Today, I set the radios up and monitored them without issue.

I listened to Bill's samples, it didn't sound like any of those.

edit -

Thanks guys :)

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
When I was there a few years ago, I caught the DEA as I was driving around while my wife was in a class. They were naming off roads. I looked at the GPS and the street signs, I was right beside them. They were very active (in the clear, analog) the entire week we were there. Not sure of the exact freq.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Squad10

The noise you heard may be FSK data being transmitted after a station alarm. Chicago DEA repeaters do this periodically, usually about five seconds in length after a series of beeps.

The FSK data sounds like a computer dialup modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.