Federal Frequencies That Are Analog and Carrier Squelch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am wondering if anybody here monitors any federal frequencies that are analog and carrier squelch (absolutely no PL/DPL)? I am thinking about day to day frequencies, not mutual aid or rarely heard inter-operability frequencies. Sure, there are some that by design are carrier squelch, like the National Weather Service, but on your 162-174 mHz and 406-420 mHz bands are you hearing anybody that is still analog with NO PL or DPL what so ever? One of the few that I used to monitor was 164.9875 used by US Postal Service semi trucks in my area. I no longer hear that frequency in use, however.

ecps92

There are plenty of them out there, altho many are moving to PL/DPL or P25 as they move to narrowband systems/networks.

Don't forget the neighbors to the North. Here in New England we get plenty of the Canadian Truckers who come across and still use the Radio in the Vehicle.

I'm sure [FACT] we have the same issue with folks here in the USA
who when they travel, take the Company radio, FRS or GMRS radio, out of the country and still use it just like back home :(

Two of our favorite No PL channels is the NMF on 164.0250 and 166.2500

I am wondering if anybody here monitors any federal frequencies that are analog and carrier squelch (absolutely no PL/DPL)? I am thinking about day to day frequencies, not mutual aid or rarely heard inter-operability frequencies. Sure, there are some that by design are carrier squelch, like the National Weather Service, but on your 162-174 mHz and 406-420 mHz bands are you hearing anybody that is still analog with NO PL or DPL what so ever? One of the few that I used to monitor was 164.9875 used by US Postal Service semi trucks in my area. I no longer hear that frequency in use, however.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber

Here in NW Florida, the US Postal Service trucks have a wide area repeater with no PL on 163.375.

naSTI

In Central NJ, in fact just heard them on a couple of hours ago, there is the EPA on 164.450 CSQ.

CqDx

Don't forget the DHS Interop 166.4625. In analog mode it is CSQ, in P25 mode it uses NAC 293.

ecps92

True, if according to plans.

However don't get lull'd into what should be the Norm.

In the past year alone in the New England area, they used:

$301, $167, NO PL, $001 - all during the same Operation.
Seems it varied on who was the Primary Surv Agency

Talk about driving a Scannist Crazy

Don't forget the DHS Interop 166.4625. In analog mode it is CSQ, in P25 mode it uses NAC 293.

shanny19

USDA/DOI National Flight Follow 168.650 was until the start of fire season 2009 when they added 110.9

naSTI

?Is this still the input to the Edison Rptr on 165.4125 ?
or is it now a total simplex channel ?

I hadn't heard that repeater in a loong while. I don't even know if it still up or not. I imagine not though. Anyway, I don't know if the reaper worked CSQ or not. I would imagine it took a tone.

ecps92

So the answer is then, Simplex.

I hadn't heard that repeater in a loong while. I don't even know if it still up or not. I imagine not though. Anyway, I don't know if the reaper worked CSQ or not. I would imagine it took a tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.