Federal Frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelmikesj

Hi everyone. Just wondering which Federal frequencies should I program into my 197. I live in northern Idaho and would like to monitor some of these frequencies. Any help would be great. Kootenai County, Bonner County, and Spokeane washington would be helpful.

kma371

QRT
Uh it really depends what you want to listen to. Check out the DB or the wiki for listings.

ecps92

But remember, much of the Federal Frequency activity is never/under reported to lists and is in a state of change. Agencies are moving [still] to Narrowband, and with that some Federal Agencies have moved from Analog to Digital [both P25 and TRBO]

Besides what KMA371 suggested [use the RR DB and never never forget the RR Wiki]
I would spend some time [use some automated logging software w/audio if you can] searching the Federal Bands.

Altho there is VHF Low activity, much of my Federal is concentrated in the
137-144, 148-150.8, 162-174 [don't skip the 162 below the NWS] 380-400, 400-420 bands in FM mode

Take - Notes - Call Signs, Names, Freq , Tones

Sometimes it might be WEEKS or even months of silence on some of the frequencies, then all of a sudden a flurry of activity and then nothing. If it's Surv type activity look for something in the news weeks later.

Best of luck and post back what you find/hear [with discretion for active Surv activities]

Uh it really depends what you want to listen to. Check out the DB or the wiki for listings.

Last edited:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Don't forget to listen for BLM and USFS users, especially when there is a wild fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.