Federal Government Louisville Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerk

Would it be possible to make a Federal Frequencies listing that would be valid for both Kentucky and Southern Indiana.

I have several frequencies that I will submit soon, but some are for Jeffersonville Indiana and some are for Louisville Kentucky and some are not identified, and could be either.

Or list them in Kentucky knowing that across the river is considered part of the "Metro" area. And I'm sure the Federal government really doesn't worry about the State boundary. I'm not sure, but I would think the agencies based in KY would cover Southern Indiana. However, like Homeland Security, Kentucky and Indiana are covered by separate regions.

What do you and the moderators think is the best way to handle this.

AL

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Best to leave the identified frequencies listed based on the State where the callsign is issued...example: Federal somethingorother agency has callsign XYZ123 which comes back to a site in KY...we will list that in KY with maybe a note saying also can be used in IN...if it is used in 2 different states one of us database admins will handle the tricky stuff :)

jerk

KE4ZNR said:
Best to leave the identified frequencies listed based on the State where the callsign is issued...example: Federal somethingorother agency has callsign XYZ123 which comes back to a site in KY...we will list that in KY with maybe a note saying also can be used in IN...if it is used in 2 different states one of us database admins will handle the tricky stuff :)

Right now I'm thinking only GSA would travel between the two states, it seems what I'm hearing now is building specific, I just can figure out which building just yet.

I'll try and submit later on today or tomorrow.
I also have some unidentified ones, but do have the PL tones, and some might be inputs also.

AL

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
There are other listings in the RR.com that are "multi-state" systems/listings...submit what you have and one of us database admin will figure out the best way to list it :)
Thanks for your contributions!
Marshall KE4ZNR

LouisvilleScanMan

Premium Subscriber
Are there any FBI,US Marshall,ATF or DEA freqs listed for the Louisville area and if so has anybody heard anything interesting on them? I'd hate to clear frequency space for nothing.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
newsalan said:
Would it be possible to make a Federal Frequencies listing that would be valid for both Kentucky and Southern Indiana.

I have several frequencies that I will submit soon, but some are for Jeffersonville Indiana and some are for Louisville Kentucky and some are not identified, and could be either.

Or list them in Kentucky knowing that across the river is considered part of the "Metro" area. And I'm sure the Federal government really doesn't worry about the State boundary. I'm not sure, but I would think the agencies based in KY would cover Southern Indiana. However, like Homeland Security, Kentucky and Indiana are covered by separate regions.

What do you and the moderators think is the best way to handle this.

AL

Al:
Send them to us and we can figure it out.... The ones you have identified can for sure be listed, others that you don't have an id for currently can be listed here so others who like to search for id's can also listen and they might hear stuff at odd hours.... Look in the fone book and see how many Federal offices are located across the river in the Indiana part of the Metro so the id'd freqs can be placed properly.

jerk

unitcharlie said:
Al:
Send them to us and we can figure it out.... The ones you have identified can for sure be listed, others that you don't have an id for currently can be listed here so others who like to search for id's can also listen and they might hear stuff at odd hours.... Look in the fone book and see how many Federal offices are located across the river in the Indiana part of the Metro so the id'd freqs can be placed properly.

That's what I'm working on. The problem is the Census bureau is in Indiana, along with a Federal court. And then all the federal buildings in Louisville and a federal court there as well. I did hear a judges name, but was unable to connect it with a location yet.

And, there is some new radios going in on top of the VA hospital in Louisville. Possibly a new tower as well.

Census Security old 415.2000 118.8

Census Bureau 410.0500 000.00

Electricians Census Bureau 409.9250 151.4

G.S.A. 415.2000 192.8

Office Deliveries 419.2250 114.8

Security New Census bureau 407.9750 118.8

GSA is confirmed, just don't what building. Census Bureau are just guesses at this point. The frequncies are correct, but users are still unconfirmed. But can be heard in Southern Indiana and Louisville quite well.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
I have listed the freqs submitted by newsalan to an expanded Federal tab under other statewide freqs on the Kentucky database page... I think, given the difficulty in finding these numbers, we can tweak it as we go. I will copy freqs there as I get to them in the various counties.... debating at this point whether to leave those already listed in a specific county there or delette them as they are moved to the Federal Tab.... any thoughts?

jerk

unitcharlie said:
I have listed the freqs submitted by newsalan to an expanded Federal tab under other statewide freqs on the Kentucky database page... I think, given the difficulty in finding these numbers, we can tweak it as we go. I will copy freqs there as I get to them in the various counties.... debating at this point whether to leave those already listed in a specific county there or delette them as they are moved to the Federal Tab.... any thoughts?

I think that's best.
A Federal tab with the best/known location will get someone started, and allow someone to listen to other areas as they travel.

The frequencies I have posted are applicable to the Louisville metro area, and the GSA could be in both the Snyder Courthouse or the Census Bureau, I did get a building list for the Census Bureau so I can see if anything matches up that way. I need to check out the downtown building to see how many floors are located there for reference to that building.

But they are active, that much I do know.

AL

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Have added/modified a few Federal Freqs.... including a TSA freq at Blue Grass Airport in Lexington. These appear to be fairly low power transmitters and primarily just the hand helds.... Keep me posted on new freqs you find or ID out there.... with the holidays coming on there should be a little more activity....

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike--there is a lot of info in the Kentucky Federal Agencies listing, here is a link that you can book mark....
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=3747
I will try to remember to post new freqs in the Federal forum as well, I haven't visited much since it went on line but will start doing so...
The "new" TSA freq appears to be one that is used nationally....

Status
Not open for further replies.