Status
Not open for further replies.

dspurg7310

Hi, y'all! I just got my Uniden BCD-396T digital scanner and I am trying to figure out how to program it for the Denver and Federal Heights area. I see the Federal Heights Fire Department has what looks to be analog frequencies on it but a note up top that says the operate off of the State DTRS. So I clicked on State of Colorado DTRS and it shows a few 800mhz simplex frequencies. Going down I see a list of frequencies in the 700mhz range for Adams county and a short 2-digit code for Federal Heights Fire Department. I have programmed this information a few different ways and can not seem to get any radio traffic at all from any agency. Does anyone know what frequencies I need to be programming and which code to use as the talkgroup code for each agency? I'm really lost here. Thanks in advance for any and all help/suggestions!

-David.

soundchaser

You've got the very basics. At a minimum, you need the Adams county control channel frequencies which are 700 MHz, and some talk group IDs. I'm guessing you don't have something set correctly so that the scanner knows you're scanning a P25 system.

I highly recommend some programming software such as FreeScan:
FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software
This will help get digital systems set up correctly. Plus someone here could share their file with you that already has everything setup.

For a pretty good online scanner manual:
Easier to Read BCD396T/UBCD396T Digital Scanner Manual

There is also a Uniden scanner forum on this site.
Uniden Scanners - The RadioReference.com Forums

vcorlone

Federal Heights

I would like to suggest that you first need to enter the LOOKOUT MT repeater freq first in the bank you like to place you talk groups using the P25 SYSTEM. I have used the PRO96 for several years & have gotten very good on how to program it. The only repeater that Fed heights is using is the LOOKOUT MT repeater. I have tried several other repeaters including the Smoky hill repeater & sometimes they are not transmitting on it. Please refer to the Adams county P25 listings when entering your talk groups. That is all I can tell you right now. Just follow your instructions that came with your scanner.

As for Denver pd, the only way you can follow them is the internet link provided on this site. I can’t even get them on my PRO96, it seems that they have locked out scanners.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I would like to suggest that you first need to enter the LOOKOUT MT repeater freq first in the bank you like to place you talk groups using the P25 SYSTEM. I have used the PRO96 for several years & have gotten very good on how to program it. The only repeater that Fed heights is using is the LOOKOUT MT repeater. I have tried several other repeaters including the Smoky hill repeater & sometimes they are not transmitting on it. Please refer to the Adams county P25 listings when entering your talk groups. That is all I can tell you right now. Just follow your instructions that came with your scanner.

As for Denver pd, the only way you can follow them is the internet link provided on this site. I can’t even get them on my PRO96, it seems that they have locked out scanners.

Federal Heights indeed uses more control channels than Lookout but realize the Pro96 is an older scanner than can not monitor 700MHz cc's.

Denver can certainly be monitored on a scanner but once again the Pro96 is not able to receive there EDACS esk system.

Jim<

eyes00only

As for Denver pd, the only way you can follow them is the internet link provided on this site. I can&#8217;t even get them on my PRO96, it seems that they have locked out scanners.

Denver can be received. My GRE PSR500 works great. I think the scanner needs to decode ESK but I'm not 100% sure.
OOPS, took me too long to type my reply and I don't see how to delete it.

JK

Status
Not open for further replies.