Federal in Auburn, IN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg9nn

I'm hearing P25 encrypted voice on 158.885. License shows Cherokee Associates with 153.68 as an a repeater.

The repeater is analog. Traffic is pretty slim, just a couple of people radioing in when they enter and leave the county. Several times I hear them say they're "enroute to Fort Wayne International" and they refer to "Greenhurst" and "Station H" as well. Last night I did catch a conversation about "needing to get the repeater upgraded to 'secure voice' to keep the people in DC happy."

Any ideas?

Viper43

Cherokee Associates may be under BLM control, is there a reservation near there? If so that may be it.

V

jerk

I'm hearing P25 encrypted voice on 158.885. License shows Cherokee Associates with 153.68 as an a repeater.
The repeater is analog. Traffic is pretty slim, just a couple of people radioing in when they enter and leave the county. Several times I hear them say they're "enroute to Fort Wayne International" and they refer to "Greenhurst" and "Station H" as well. Last night I did catch a conversation about "needing to get the repeater upgraded to 'secure voice' to keep the people in DC happy."
Any ideas?

From license --
Eligibility
90.35 - APPLICANT IS ENGAGED IN THE OPERATIONS OF AN ENTERTAINMENT CLUB AS A COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY. RADIOS WILL BE USED FOR COMMUNICATIONS OF THE SECURITY AND BUSINESS DEPARTMENTS.

Greenhurst is a golf club... maybe they run the Air National guard entertainment facilities. Or maybe they like to play secret agent. Most (government food, beverage, entertainment) stuff these days is outsourced to private businesses.
Station H is home, common terminology.

kg9nn

Answers found - there's a federal contractor with an office at Greenhurst Executive Suites. Cherokee Associates is an aircraft holding company. Sounds like they're sharing a radio system.

Status
Not open for further replies.